watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thoughts on AJ and Smurf

Started by Mr Fulham, August 25, 2011, 10:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

We're not using AJ's strengthes....he's a player for counter-attacks. And we're the slowest team in the Premiership. No counter-attacks or something like that.

We need someone to replace Murphy. Papa Smurf is a great player, but he's slowing the match down so much. We're lacking creativity, sharpness, pace and a "surprise moment". There's no plan B in our match and we were constantly under pressure because we are unable to make some quick counter-attacks and run at them. This is why I think we should sign someone like Max Gradel or Gael Kakuta and another creative midfielder.

Briggs is a very good player and I'm happy that we've finally got two left backs.
I reckon we might not sign another right back. I'm pretty sure Baird will stay - and Kelly is an old pal of Jol.

AlFayedsChequebook

Whilst I agree with your points, I also think we have been hindered massively by the loss of Zamora.

Without him we have no 'out ball' nor an attacking lynchpin that brings in other players to the game.

If we have him in the side we will look much better.

Hopefully we will add players though, we definitely need them

Mr Fulham

Riise's injury might change something. We might need Baird or Kelly at LB so we could do with another RB.

Funny enough, I was looking at some Russian squads this afternoon, mostly because I was bored. 098.gif

I thought a move for Luke Wilkshere would be smart. He's done well for Dinamo Moscow and has loads of Premiership and international experience. He also holds an english passport, so would could as homegrown. I might be terribly wrong here though.

Now apparently we've enquired about him.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2029758/Fulham-ex-Middlesbrough-defender-Luke-Wilkshire.html?ITO=1490

The article also says Jol is keen to add as many as 6 (!) players. Strike force and RB seem to be a priority - but some moves for midfielders are also possible. BRING 'EM IN, BIG MAARTEN! :clap_hands:

Me-ate-Live, innit??

You are being very kind about AJ, our fox in the box
Our little terrier has a broken sat nav .............it thinks the goal is somewhere near the corner flag.  
I really thought he was going to score at Big Head Lane on New Years Day  and we were going to see a return for the investment but it was another damp squib.  

DUKE

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 25, 2011, 10:47:33 PM

The article also says Jol is keen to add as many as 6 (!) players. Strike force and RB seem to be a priority - but some moves for midfielders are also possible. BRING 'EM IN, BIG MAARTEN! :clap_hands:

Atm im not liking our style of play at all. Feels a lot like Sanchez's dark days.long ball to the striker and hope. no imagination.i was a fan of Jol when he first came in but i am changing my mind. We have never played so bad since 2007.I am not talking just tonight but since the start of the campaign hasn't been a performance that i could be happy.mayb its just me.mayb i am wrong.what i know is that we need players in midfield and upfront asap. 086.gif

Mr Fulham

Quote from: KCat on August 25, 2011, 11:34:32 PM
You are being very kind about AJ, our fox in the box

Maybe. But he's definitely not the player for the tactics we currently play. He's not involved in the match - and that's not only down to him not trying to get involved.

The Bronsons

Good point Mr Fulham. For all the use AJ was in tonight's effort he might as well have stayed at home and reduced his carbon footprint. We were practically playing with ten men all game. We'd have been better off shoving Senderos up front - at least he could have come back and helped defend.

Lighthouse

We are back in for Jerome according to the papers. I would think he would offer the best of both Worlds. In so far he could play alongside both BZ and AJ.

Murph just is who he is, Less able to put his mark on the game. Or at least every game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

I think we're just going to have to fret until the transfer window closes and we can assess what we've got.

My great concern is that the team looks tired and old - there's no zip, pace or momentum about our play. All we do is soak up pressure and move forward at a pace that allows the opposition to get organised.

Jol's been around long enough to know what's wrong and what's needed but what we are right now simply isn't good enough.