watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham in for Oldham kid?

Started by malcbridger, August 27, 2011, 11:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malcbridger

Meanwhile, Dutchman Jol is ready to snap up young Oldham hot-shot David Mellor – by making a bargain raid on the League One Latics.

Jol's spies are on the trail of teenager Mellor, who has been a ­goalscorer in Paul Dickov's first-team and has impressed watching scouts with his strength and ­maturity.

The Cottagers think they may have spotted a special talent and want to do a deal for the 19-year-old fast, before his price goes up or rival – and bigger – clubs step in for him.

malcbridger

Unfortunate name for the lad?!!!

HatterDon

Quote from: malcbridger on August 27, 2011, 11:54:40 PM
Unfortunate name for the lad?!!!

Not as unfortunate as his manager's name.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

White Noise

Mr Bridger sir - while I greatly appreciate you relaying this intriguing news I feel you have missed a chance to give half the members of this board a heart attack with your headline writing skills!! :dft012:

malcbridger

I'm not that clever white noise, just a couple of lines nicked from the Sunday people. :-)

White Noise

Not to worry. There must be a young David Dein or David Bulstrode making their way in the game!! 086.gif

Meanwhile, I see that Mellor has played once at senior level and scored. Below is a goal he scored in a pre-season friendly -

David Mellor goal

malcbridger

Not a bad free kick mate! I would have been a little apprehensive if we were in for a Marler or a Cabra. Bad old days.
We definitely need some bodies in, fingers crossed and best regards from Belgrade.

White Noise

Thanks mate. Same to you. I think we will get 4 or 5 players in next week, some on loan. There will inevitably be a dud or two but hopefully Jol deals in a higher class of dud!

What Serbian teams are left in the Europa?

malcbridger

I think allthe Serb teams are out. Partizan unbelievably succumbed to Shamrock rovers,and my adopted team got hammered by Rennes 4-0.