watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol doesnt seem like the type

Started by horse1031, August 31, 2011, 08:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horse1031

to let potential buys get nipped from under his nose.  I know ultimately he isnt the one who makes the decision but he seems like the type that has a lot of pride and will do anything to get more talent in the door.  In typing that, i think that he will get SOMEONE really good in before the deadline.  Fayed is kind of the same way... i know in the past he has let some people slip but i think we will come good today.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: horse1031 on August 31, 2011, 08:23:52 PM
to let potential buys get nipped from under his nose.  I know ultimately he isnt the one who makes the decision but he seems like the type that has a lot of pride and will do anything to get more talent in the door.  In typing that, i think that he will get SOMEONE really good in before the deadline.  Fayed is kind of the same way... i know in the past he has let some people slip but i think we will come good today.
If Jol doesn't get his targets because of wage issues eg everyone else pays more - then I think he won't be here long either! Time for Mo to decide what he really wants for the club?

horse1031

can we sustain 10-15 million dollar signings?  i thought we always stayed under the 10 mill mark?

DevonFFC

Well the two issues sky sports said were Wages and Capacity....

If we are to keep up with the rest of the prem then we could look to increase the wage ceiling, i dont know about any one else but it pisses me off when i see teams like stoke and sunderland picking off players we should be getting.

Capacity, always a subject that crops up.... Am i right in thinking i read that we are at an all time high in season ticket sales?? If so then we could possibly think about maybe giving the group a little spruce up and the possibility of a second tier/ filling in corners

FulhamMic

The wage issue is a none starter as it's been confirmed Newcastle are waiting to hear back from Twente regarding they're bid and therefore won't have yet had permission to even speak to Ruiz, never mind offer him a deal.

horse1031

can we not increase capacity at the cottage?  i know we have done it in the past and it is always talked about.  Why not increase it up past 30000?

Rupert

Quote from: horse1031 on August 31, 2011, 08:47:51 PM
can we not increase capacity at the cottage?  i know we have done it in the past and it is always talked about.  Why not increase it up past 30000?

The Cottage is nearing maximum capacity. Under modern regulations it is not simply a matter of sticking more tiers up, you also have to have sufficient exit points in case a rapid evacuation is needed. We, of course, have this big river on one side of the ground, so are restricted to having everyone on the Riverside going out of relatively few gates, which means that we can't keep on building on what would, logically, be the easiest side of the ground to stick an extra 5,000+ seats onto (JH stand is listed and can not be demolished and replaced with something bigger, the next logical choice). Extra ties at either end would be narrower, thus fewer seats, and building higher would lead to a new planning permission war with the Fulham Alliance, you can bet those NIMBYS haven't gone away.

Sadly, if we have any realistic chance of regularly splashing out the sort of sums many of you appear to want, we need an alternative source of revenue, much higher ticket prices or we need a different ground.

Is that the "Back to the Cottage" campaign I hear waking up again?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

horse1031

Quote from: Rupert on August 31, 2011, 09:07:03 PM
Quote from: horse1031 on August 31, 2011, 08:47:51 PM
can we not increase capacity at the cottage?  i know we have done it in the past and it is always talked about.  Why not increase it up past 30000?

The Cottage is nearing maximum capacity. Under modern regulations it is not simply a matter of sticking more tiers up, you also have to have sufficient exit points in case a rapid evacuation is needed. We, of course, have this big river on one side of the ground, so are restricted to having everyone on the Riverside going out of relatively few gates, which means that we can't keep on building on what would, logically, be the easiest side of the ground to stick an extra 5,000+ seats onto (JH stand is listed and can not be demolished and replaced with something bigger, the next logical choice). Extra ties at either end would be narrower, thus fewer seats, and building higher would lead to a new planning permission war with the Fulham Alliance, you can bet those NIMBYS haven't gone away.

Sadly, if we have any realistic chance of regularly splashing out the sort of sums many of you appear to want, we need an alternative source of revenue, much higher ticket prices or we need a different ground.

Is that the "Back to the Cottage" campaign I hear waking up again?

i love the cottage.  just worried we can't sustain paying these types of wages to players.