News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


why have my posts been removed?

Started by mrska, March 05, 2010, 05:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JezamyBates

Quote from: mrska on March 05, 2010, 07:37:54 PM
My posts were about Roy getting and Manager of the Month and Mark getting player of the month  with a few words added from what was on the offal board.


in that case i find it difficult to understand why it was pulled

i understand repetition of posts is sometimes annoying but taking individual posts down just to streamline the topic is a little heavy handed

LBNo11

...you missed what mrska said JB, HE pulled his own post as it was merged with another on the same subject. Nothing sinister...
@lbno11ffc.bsky.social
https://www.facebook.com/groups/332326351408249 Fulham Archives
Fan since 1965, first live game Easter 1967

CorkCity

Quote from: LBNo11 on March 05, 2010, 10:30:45 PM
...you missed what mrska said JB, HE pulled his own post as it was merged with another on the same subject. Nothing sinister...

I'm not buying that , it's a conspiracy I tell ya !
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"


KCat

#23
....with Milosevic  ...heavily involved  8)

Lighthouse

A take great exception to the term heaped in with others. I added a post to the original thread and Mr Skas thread was added to that. But now he claims his was heaped in with others as if My little heap was good enough to be on his heap. Well I am deeply miffed and saddened. I wish to heap my chips with other chips with fish and mushy peas.

Not good enough. :o
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

NogoodBoyo

Some nice needle in this thread to cotton onto. 
But I wouldn't want my posts removed either.  What would hold up the gates?
Nogood "needling the Skaster, isit" Boyo


LBNo11

#26
...mrska removed his OWN post.

His original post was merged with another on the same subject...NOT removed by anyone else.. ::)
@lbno11ffc.bsky.social
https://www.facebook.com/groups/332326351408249 Fulham Archives
Fan since 1965, first live game Easter 1967

Edwatch_Winston_Malone


Lighthouse

I wish to give the end of this thread and give it to a cuddly kitten who can play with it and pull at it and choke on it and every body can say AH how nice and comforting.

But not everybody has my happy place to go to.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope


Logicalman

Quote from: mrska on March 05, 2010, 07:37:54 PM
My posts were about Roy getting and Manager of the Month and Mark getting player of the month  with a few words added from what was on the offal board.

Yeah, mentioning an assie in the same thread as Sir Roy? Phew, should have been drawn and quartered, just moving the thread is too good for that.

NogoodBoyo

Snip the thread before Sir Les bursts a catherta!
Nogood "not his fault, isit" Boyo

FFCOutpostCommander

I think the thing that upsets posters more than anything is the lack of consistency by the moderators. While the policies seem reasonable enough, the application is less than equal. I understand why MrSka is upset. While his post was altered many others, then and now, are guilty of the same duplication. Care has to be taken that all threads are handled the in same way. My recommendation would be to leave members post alone unless they are offensive and let the readers view, respond, or ignore them using their own judgement. We don't need content censers deciding the appropriateness of where or how we contribute here on FoF.
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA


LBNo11

...my last words:-

A: The people who moderate this board are volunteers, not professionals, we don't have degrees on how to moderate, we don't have certificates of external accreditation. We give up our own free time.

B: Because we are moderators, some of them who set this site in the first place, we have "put our heads over the parapet", and we make decisions for reasons that we feel is best for the layout of the message board.

We will take on board the criticisms of our decisions, and if everyone feels we should just leave things as they are, and leave duplicate subject postings, and leave messages whose subject matter seems stranded in the wrong section, where it's responses and views will be limited that decision will be yours.

In short we do our best, but as in life, there is no pleasing everyone, no matter how hard you try...


@lbno11ffc.bsky.social
https://www.facebook.com/groups/332326351408249 Fulham Archives
Fan since 1965, first live game Easter 1967

finnster01

Quote from: LBNo11 on March 07, 2010, 10:17:45 AM
... but as in life, there is no pleasing everyone, no matter how hard you try...

Very true words Ed.

Made me think about my ex-wife for a second there  ;)

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

KCat

#34
suggestion From the non tetostrone zone :


Next time :

   Use the PRIVATE MESSAGE  route


VicHalomsLovechild

Three or four threads on the same subject does clutter up the front page so I'd lean towards the mods view on this one.
Personally I'd like to see all NogoodBoyo's posts merged into one. They all make me laugh and not having to search for them, would make life so simple.
His soothing of ruffled feathers with a twist of green valleys humour is pure "Mahatma Gandhi on speed".

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Why haven't some of my posts been removed - I demand attention...

Other than deleting my own post after compaining about my own post merely being moved, what does a guy have to do around here to get his post on to three pages?


Logicalman

Quote from: finnster01 on March 07, 2010, 10:32:51 AM
Quote from: LBNo11 on March 07, 2010, 10:17:45 AM
... but as in life, there is no pleasing everyone, no matter how hard you try...

Very true words Ed.

Made me think about my ex-wife for a second there  ;)



I agree and sympathize Mr F, though I wish I could empathize instead, except you can add a 's' after the wife bit for me!!!!  :D ;D :D ;D


TheDon

Quote from: mrska on March 05, 2010, 08:38:04 PM
Thankyou.

I took the time to find the information i wanted to share..

I added words personal to me..

I didnt want it heaped in with other messages..

Im not happy... :-\

which dwarf are you then, grumpy?

Steve_orino

After reading this thread...I came to the realization that I'll never get that 5 minutes back...

Isn't Fulham in the FA Cup or something?
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09