watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window Dealings!

Started by ffcwickford, September 01, 2011, 06:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcwickford

082.gifI have watched the T-F-I message board and FoF with interest in Turkey during the past week or so without posting on either and I think that if I was senior member of the FFC management team I would have been very disappointed in some of the negativity on there from so called FFC supporters! Perhaps in future 'thinking before opening ones mouth - i.e.before typing - should be the order of the day for some posters!
This board although sometimes critical seems not to have the 'children on school holidays' element posting on it!
I know supporting a club such as ours can at times be frustrating but we have in MAF,A Mac, MJ and everyone else connected with this club people all rowing in exactly the same direction. Players at the club love it here and surprisingly for some of our more 'informed' supporters players tweet each other more often than you realize and our longer serving players - one in particular - do a very good job in selling Fulham to the wider community particularly overseas!
I don't for a minute expect instant returns from the players brought in yesterday but over a period of time they will establish us as a team to be reckoned with. The formations will change and become more fluid within games and players at the club will benefit from this system if they are flexible.
'Sexy Football' is back and in SW6! Just have a little patience whilst it settles in!

Rupert

To be perfectly honest with you, I did not see too much of the more hysterical nonsense that you get on other boards on here. Mostly the "negative stuff" on FoF was people passing on rumours.
I am all for Fulham fans being upbeat and positive but we have always had a small, but vocal, core of supporters who expect the worst, and are not always disappointed.
Given the delays in any official announcement over Luiz I think that most people on here were actually quite restrained, and to judge from the posts made since the first unofficial cofirmations came out, a lot of people showed a lot of faith in the board and CEO, that yes, we did have our man even though the club had yet to confirm it.

You make a very good point about players communicating with eachother and selling the club (and us, believe it or not) as a wonderful place to be, judging from some of the, ahem, "expert" commentators, astonished at why players would want to come to Fulham, this has passed them by entirely.

There will still be rocky days and careless performances ahead, but the future is indeed looking a lot rosier this morning.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Burt

I think it was a good transfer window for us.

We kept our key players and got some new exciting talent.

The transfer window itself is a load of baloney and the sooner the authorities sort out player contracts and allow freedom of movement the better. The window artificially inflates transfer fees, wages etc. and encourages the agents, players, Redknapps and the like the opportunity to be a little bit less than kosher.

It also reduces my productivity as I stay glued to FOF and SSN!

FC Silver Fox

I agree with Burt that this has been a good transfer window although quite expensive. I think our monthly wage bill will have gone up too. I don't know if there was money in the kitty for all this or if MAF has invested more money into the club or if we're counting on revenue from a good Europa run. In any case, I'd like to say 'well done' to all the Fulham management and exec team. Good job.
  We shouldn't confuse negativity with a Fulhamish dose of pessimism. We have carried the extinction of expectation on the back of memories and dreams so many times over the years that we are wary of good times. (very eloquently put that, ain't it? You don't get sentences like that in the Daily Mail)
  Maarten Jol now has the building blocks he wants to build a younger squad with more depth. Success this season will depend on how quickly the new players can adapt to the Premiership or even whether they can make the grade. One thing is sure. This season won't be boring. We'll have some exciting moments as well as frustrating times. Overall, I'm optimistic for success but as ffcwickford points out, it won't necessarily be immediate.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

senior management and directors recognise the fickleness of supporters.  It is just another part of the game...

Berserker

Clearing out all the players in the last few weeks, either by tranfer or loan, even if we didn't get much money for them will free up funding for wages. Suppose that was the plan in expection of landing an expensive player
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.