watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Possibly the best thing about this window

Started by sunburywhite, September 01, 2011, 07:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

CincyFulham1

Amen.....with conflicting stories about Bobby's injury and Clint's back spasms and not traveling to the states for Costa Rica match i will admit I was a bit worried

Me-ate-Live, innit??

but............................... Gera is gone  and we get a grygera ???
gry= something small and meaningless. I freeken hope not  !!

Don't we need more 'ins' than three ???

CincyFulham1

Quote from: KCat on September 01, 2011, 07:45:27 AM
but............................... Gera is gone  and we get a grygera ???
gry= something small and meaningless. I freeken hope not  !!

I would have taken a couple of more "ins", but we may still get one or two on loan.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: KCat on September 01, 2011, 07:45:27 AM
but............................... Gera is gone  and we get a grygera ???
gry= something small and meaningless. I freeken hope not  !!

Also - taken a long time I know but at last we have replaced Saha with Sa !! Ha!

zzamora

Best thing about this window...

Mark hughes doesn't have a job and we spent over 15 million. Lack of ambition eh? Hah.

TonyGilroy

And it appears had more that we were willing to spend.

simplyfulham

I would suggest, the BEST thing about this window... Was that we managed to avoid the bogey prize that is Cameron Jerome and Carlton Cole!

.... Also the window is slam shut now, which means no more loans either. Only free agents can move and emergency loans (which basically means keepers only).

MJG

Quote from: simplyfulham on September 01, 2011, 09:01:07 AM
I would suggest, the BEST thing about this window... Was that we managed to avoid the bogey prize that is Cameron Jerome and Carlton Cole!

.... Also the window is slam shut now, which means no more loans either. Only free agents can move and emergency loans (which basically means keepers only).
I think a few clubs will pay some players off and we will see a few more free agents appear over the next couple of weeks.

TonyGilroy

They'll only be able to move though if they were free agents before 11pm yesterday. Anyone subsequently released would have to wait until January 1st.

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 01, 2011, 09:06:26 AM

They'll only be able to move though if they were free agents before 11pm yesterday. Anyone subsequently released would have to wait until January 1st.
i'm not so sure on that, as long as they are a free agent they can be signed.What if a club sacks a player, are you telling me he will not be able to get a job anywhere else, that can't be legal.
I'm willing to stand corrected if its in the FA rules somewhere.

TonyGilroy

I'm pretty sure I'm right but can't be bothered to check the rulebook.

Everything about the transfer and registration system to some extent is restraint of trade but the transfer window wouldn't work if club A could cancel a contract and allow club B to sign that player.

We could, for example, cancel Andy Johnson's contract with him paying us £2M as compensation and then he signs for Leicester getting a £2M signing on fee.

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 01, 2011, 09:24:59 AM

Neither can I, its about 200 pages long and after doing bugger all work yesterday need to catch up today.  085.gif

TonyGilroy

Quote from: MJG on September 01, 2011, 09:26:46 AM

Neither can I, its about 200 pages long and after doing bugger all work yesterday need to catch up today.  085.gif

I need to work but I'm knackered as I was up all night waiting, in vain, for SSN to confirm the Ruiz transfer.

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 01, 2011, 09:29:19 AM
Quote from: MJG on September 01, 2011, 09:26:46 AM

I need to work but I'm knackered as I was up all night waiting, in vain, for SSN to confirm the Ruiz transfer.
I hate to say it but I spent all day yesterday on here and watching Sky, but at 10:45PM I'd had enough and went to bed thinking we had fecked it all up, only to find this morning all is well in the Fulham house.

Reindeer

Great night for us keeping our lads and adding to the squad.