watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Delighted!

Started by Ordar, September 01, 2011, 08:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

It was long and drawn out, but boy was it worth it!

Brian fricken Ruiz. A genuine world class player!

If you look at our window overall I think Jol has done really well. Cleared out alot of the deadwood. Brought in 2 experienced international quality fullbacks, (JA Riise is still one of the top 5 LB's in the world in my opinion)

Added Kasami, Donegan and Gecov to give some youth to the side, aswell as giving existing young players Frei and Briggs in particular a sense that it is possible to progress as a young player at Fulham.

Solved the Zamora back up issue with Sa (who I'm reliably informed by a friend who watched alot of Portuguese football, is a very good prospect and will surprise people) and signed a (and I will say it again) WORLD CLASS player in his prime in Brian Ruiz.

Interesting that we were after Hutton after signing Grygera, which didnt make much sense. Also the attempts to sign Boateng now seem to suggest that the formation of the side may well develop into the Spain-esque/Man City/Liverpool under Benitez 4-2-3-1. The massive positive if this is the case is that the search for the illusive playmaker to replace Murphy totally disappears. The attacking 4 are expected to create things between them, which I would expect to be Zamora, with Ruiz, Dempsey and Dembele behind.

Begs the question if Murphy would still get into the side. He's not exactly a defensive midfielder. We obviously have Etuhu, Sidwell can play that role I would think, and Gecov also. Anyone know if we have any young defensive midfielders coming through? Is Donegan a DM?

I for one have been feeling a bit down about the team performances this season, but yesterday has really invigorated me. I wouldnt swap the transfers we made with anyone outside the top 4+Liverpool. Signed quality in positions where we needed it. Job well done Jol!

Blingo

cebu

Well put, Ordar. Remember that Murph did play defensive mid while Bullard was still with us. It's not an ideal position for him though!

SHADY1

spot on mate had seen so many negative posts over the last 2 weeks ... just showed we should all just be patient and see what was going on behind the scenes...
I think it shows what a class act Jol is and what a superb chairman we have... many clubs sold sold sold spending a fraction of what they bought in... we kept and bought something non of us saw happening a few days ago...

Now lets get back on the pitch thump Blackburn and get this season moving...
In Jol & Mo we should all trust.
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...