A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Window's shut poll

Started by aFFCn_Fan, September 01, 2011, 08:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you feel after seeing who we've got in?

Thrilled. Jol and the board have done a top job
33 (50.8%)
Pretty pleased, but I don't know who half of these guys are
27 (41.5%)
Let's wait and see
5 (7.7%)
Huh? What window?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 56

aFFCn_Fan

IN's
* Ruiz (long haired Bergkamp apparently)
* Sa (loves the brightly coloured tracksuits)
* GryGera (just in case you had Gera on your shirt...just buy three more letters)
* JA Riise (The g-i-n-g-e-r left-winger...I know he's LB but it don't rhyme)
* Kasami (Swiss skinhead)
* Gecov (like a Geko...with a V at the end)
* Muamer Tankovic (Swedish wonderkid apparently)
* Somogoyi (Free goalie)
* Burn (Hollywood burn?)
* Donegan (He's from Fazakerley. Where's that? Exactly!!!)

AND we've kept hold of Dempsey, Baird, Bobby, Hangers and all our other key players
@hincharoo

HatterDon

I'm very pleased with what we got. I am NOT so pleased at the obvious HUGE level of improvement at Blackburn, Bolton, QPR, and Stoke. It's going to be a lot more fun watching Fulham play than watching the table.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

sipwell

I had hoped for Chadli as well, but I don't think that was an option at this moment. So hence, I am pleased with what we got. I am especially pleased we KEPT Dempsey and Zamora.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

GoldCoastWhite

Kept Dempsey, Bobatov AND Bairdinho  098.gif

Burt

I voted "Pretty Pleased".

Simply because the proof is in the pudding (whatever that means) - for me they only become a good signing when they contribute so we need to see how they do before being able to judge whether it was a good bit of a business or a Marlet-esque waste of MAF's millions.

Lighthouse

We lost several squad players and have tried to replace some of them. Forwards still look iffy unless we can change the system around and we do have a squad of very talented players who can play in several positions. More a building squad transfer period with one big fee signing. Than any great feeling of pushing on.

Jol appears to be planning for the long haul. Which is great.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Gozorich

I voted 'wait and see' and I don't regard that as being pessimistic; realistic more like. None of the new guys (JAR is no longer new) have experience of the Premiership style of playing and may find it too much to adapt to. Of course I sincerely hope not and am genuinely looking forward to seeing them all in action. 076.gif

Time will tell if they are better than Gera, Greening, Pantsil and even Kamara.

But for what it's worth they and Jol get my full support.

Drake44444

Easily a good window.

- Got a player for a decent fee that is 26, in demand, super talented, and a position needed.

- Got some young prospects that may turn out ok, particularly Kasemi and Gegov.

- Kept Stockdale and sent him on loan.

- Got rid of deadwood that was not going to play

- Brought in new fullbacks on the cheap with some real quality experience

- Dempsey stays

Only downside in my opinion is that Andy Johnson is still here.

Burt

Quote from: Drake44444 on September 01, 2011, 04:49:56 PM

I appreciate where you are coming from Mr Drake sir but as we have the Europa campaign in addition to the two domestic cup competitions and the league then I suspect you will find he will have a role to play and we are better off with him rather than without.

Drake44444

Quote from: Burt on September 01, 2011, 05:26:23 PM
Quote from: Drake44444 on September 01, 2011, 04:49:56 PM

I appreciate where you are coming from Mr Drake sir but as we have the Europa campaign in addition to the two domestic cup competitions and the league then I suspect you will find he will have a role to play and we are better off with him rather than without.

True, good point, will need to get Zamora fresh with group qualification almost certain and little proven depth at the position.  He can work well against lesser teams. 

Just some of the offers of 4 million rumored seemed like a great way to get some cash. 

Berserker

Pleased we kept Baird, Zamora and Dempsey, definitely thought at least one of these would go.  Also please we got a good striker. Also glad we kept AJ as the Europa cup matches I have seen at the cottage he didn't seem to bad so will definitely serve a purpose there  :57:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.