watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

expansion plans to 30 000

Started by LRCN, September 02, 2011, 02:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRCN

anyone got them or know where i can find them? the ones we got permission for in 2008

Jack Fulham

I remember we got permission but i think I heard that the permission has expired now. Had a quick look on google but my search was too broad to find anything.

tommy

The local residents appealed against the decision and they won so we cant develop it any further. They where grand ideas too. They where going to fill in a bit of the river and widen it in Staines somewhere to build actually over the water. It would have been wicked.

Burt

Cue the debate as to whether we have the fan base to regularly fill a 30k capacity stadium...

tommy

It the time I remember thinking we didnt but now I have no doubt we'd fill it. We almost do now.

Quote from: Burt on September 02, 2011, 04:52:22 PM
Cue the debate as to whether we have the fan base to regularly fill a 30k capacity stadium...

SP3

Quote from: Burt on September 02, 2011, 04:52:22 PM

All right. Question is how you define 'regularly'? Class A matches, 30,000 certainly. Class B matches, probably more often than not. Wigan, Sunderland, etc unlikely. But if we're selling out just about every home match, then presumably we could go to c28000 comfortably right now. 30,000 is no longer a pipe dream, as it was when it was first mooted.

Jack Fulham

I think we can fill 30k as long as we keep the neutral stand. I know a lot of fans take the piss out of the neutral stand but it makes a lot of sense economically, brings in more fans that don't support either team and provides a friendly atmosphere. As for games against the likes of Wigan and Bolton, we usually offer cheap tickets which means they sell out. I imagine the club would do the same if we increased to 30k. We sold out pretty much every home league game last season even in the first half of the season when our form was poo.

DevonFFC

I think were we are in london, the capital in a very wealthy area people are fickle and if we did have a swanky stadium we would most certainly fill it. I also feel we have a new younger age of fulham supporter coming through and every year that passes we become more of a house hold name and so our popularity grows. However the question you have to ask is, would you be prepared to pay more for your season ticket in a big to cover costs of upgrading/expanding craven cottage??

Burt

The other dynamic is that increasing our capacity by a few thousand will have little financial impact as the vast majority of our revenues comes from TV rights.

SP3

Quote from: Burt on September 02, 2011, 05:30:05 PM
The other dynamic is that increasing our capacity by a few thousand will have little financial impact as the vast majority of our revenues comes from TV rights.

Probably buy us an extra player every year?

Jack Fulham

Quote from: ollienixs on September 02, 2011, 05:24:55 PM
I think were we are in london, the capital in a very wealthy area people are fickle and if we did have a swanky stadium we would most certainly fill it. I also feel we have a new younger age of fulham supporter coming through and every year that passes we become more of a house hold name and so our popularity grows. However the question you have to ask is, would you be prepared to pay more for your season ticket in a big to cover costs of upgrading/expanding craven cottage??

It makes economic sense for the club but personally not that bothered about it, would just mean longer queuing times at Putney Bridge station. We should only do it if we have fans being denied the opportunity to come to matches because demand is oversubscribed. I don't think we've quite reached that stage yet. If we ever get a waiting list for season tickets though, I imagine it could happen.

Fletchino

It got me thinking here did MAF think he would make more money in the past  for the club with bigger ground more fans hot dogs shirts blah blah blah but has now found out that if he invests more in the team that the more successful we become the more he makes through tv rights europa league and prize money. For example if to bring the ground up to 30000 woul cost £10.6 million but inseted we spent it on Brian Ruiz who in theory should be worth £20m in 2 years and with all his goals and assists we should finish top 10 again and maybe win a cup another great run in Europe how many times would we have to sell out to make just the £10.6 back otherwise

horse1031

Quote from: SP3 on September 02, 2011, 05:32:22 PM
Quote from: Burt on September 02, 2011, 05:30:05 PM

Probably buy us an extra player every year?

and 4000 more people can see a game! 078.gif

ffcwickford

:clap_hands:I was discussing this with friends at the Villa game - if we petitioned Parliament about bringing back standing in the home end only - (the new Mainz Stadium in Germany has standing - where the Club President watches games with the fans) as I understand it some of the standing area underneath the seats at the Hammy End may still be there! If we were to be given an 'extended trial' to remove the seats and replace with standing say for 3 seasons, we could indeed push the capacity to 30,000 with a lot less outlay!

WestCountryWhite

correct me if I am wrong but I swear I read something about us supplying funding for some of the improvements in Bishops park that would enable us to fill in two of the corners of the ground, I assume on the riverside????

LRCN

does anyone still have the plans?

Burt

Quote from: Lork on September 02, 2011, 09:07:27 PM
does anyone still have the plans?

Do you mean to tell me that this thread in on its second page and nobody has responded to the original question?

D-oh.

Sorry...can't help.

Fletchino

That's a really good idear the trouble is to get parliament to discus this we need 100k to sign a petition as it stands we carnt get 30k

Quote from: ffcwickford on September 02, 2011, 09:01:33 PM
:clap_hands:I was discussing this with friends at the Villa game - if we petitioned Parliament about bringing back standing in the home end only - (the new Mainz Stadium in Germany has standing - where the Club President watches games with the fans) as I understand it some of the standing area underneath the seats at the Hammy End may still be there! If we were to be given an 'extended trial' to remove the seats and replace with standing say for 3 seasons, we could indeed push the capacity to 30,000 with a lot less outlay!

DevonFFC

DO you think that it is just a matter of extending or upgrading aswell so that it is more modern, I.E the toilets, catering and bars all enclosed within an actual building out the back of the Hammy and Putney ends???