News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone going on Monday night to give John Pantsil My Lord a cheer?

Started by Burt, September 03, 2011, 09:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Monday night's clash between Brazil and Ghana at Craven Cottage promises to be a special occasion for more than one reason as the club welcome back former defender John Pantsil.

Joining Leicester City from Fulham this summer, the friendly marks the Ghanaian's first match at the Cottage since his move and he has spoken to the official Brazil v Ghana matchday programme ahead of the game about his delight upon returning.

"It's nice to be here and it's always good to be back among friends. I am looking forward to this game and enjoying the Craven Cottage atmosphere," he said.

"I had a great time here with my teammates and the fans. Three years is a long time, but in the modern game, it is rare to play for just one team or remain with a club for a very long period. I still have strong emotions for Fulham and always want them to succeed.

"I have had plenty of emails and text messages from many friends at Fulham who cannot wait for the game and to see me playing here once again.

"I am so excited and cannot wait for kick-off as Ghana is going to have many honorary fans at the game to cheer us on".

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/September/BrazilProgrammePreview.aspx#ixzz1WsH9LQeC

Burt

Rupert

I'll be there, the international freindlies at the Cottage are always a good laugh, when Mexico played there, their supporters were mental, but in a good way. Ghana's lot usually end up doing some sort of conga (may be a national dance for all I know) around the Putney end.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Burt

Quote from: Rupert on September 03, 2011, 10:45:47 AM
I'll be there, the international freindlies at the Cottage are always a good laugh, when Mexico played there, their supporters were mental, but in a good way. Ghana's lot usually end up doing some sort of conga (may be a national dance for all I know) around the Putney end.

Last time I saw a "Fulham conga" was when Liverpool beat us 10-0 in the League Cup at Anfield in the late 80s. I think when they went 6 or 7 up we realized it was a case of mission impossible, so why not enjoy yourself?

Rupert

Quote from: Burt on September 03, 2011, 10:49:20 AM
Quote from: Rupert on September 03, 2011, 10:45:47 AM

Last time I saw a "Fulham conga" was when Liverpool beat us 10-0 in the League Cup at Anfield in the late 80s. I think when they went 6 or 7 up we realized it was a case of mission impossible, so why not enjoy yourself?

I don't remember any congas up there, nor the "only one F in Fulham" chant (maybe I was in the wrong part of the crowd), I do recall us asking Grobellar for a wave and, when he obliged, we then asked him for a goal, but he ignored us. I also remember chanting "we want nine" at 8-0, then shutting up when they obliged.
The train back (a good old fashioned football special) was also one of the most jovial I have ever been on, including the "Wemberley" chant as we passed the old stadium. We must have all been in shock.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Quills

I should be there, work permitting.  Haven't booked tickets yet - which is the best end for atmosphere do you reckon, Ghana or Brazil?

Andy_M

I wonder if the guy that in Hamburg at the final who was fully blacked up (excuse the term) and dressed up as Pantsil is going, he certainly seemed to idolise the man!

Did anyone else see the guy I'm talking about in Hamburg?
@got_maile