watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan's Work Permit

Started by Peabody, September 06, 2011, 12:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

It would appear that Bryan is in Madrid at present, waiting for his work permit from the British Embassy. With this in mind, do you think he will play on Sunday?

AlFayedsChequebook

I think he will start on the bench and come on to score the winner.

Burt

Is this the footballer formerly known as Ruiz?

Looks like he may not make it at all unless the UKBA pull their collective fingers out.

TonyGilroy

Given that he's Costa Rican and wanting a work permit in GB I have no idea why he's stuck in Spain and dealing with the authorities there.

epsomraver

Perhaps because he speaks Spanish?

Burt

I think you need to be out of the country when a work permit is being issued. So Spain is probably as convenient a location as anywhere...

TonyGilroy

But why is he apparently waiting in Spain to hear from the British Embassy? Presumably he was living in the Netherlands.

Why is the matter not being dealt with by Immigration and/or DWP in England?

Makes no sense to me.

finnster01

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 06, 2011, 01:21:22 PM

But why is he apparently waiting in Spain to hear from the British Embassy? Presumably he was living in the Netherlands.

Makes no sense to me.

Immigration never made any sense to me either. You need to be outside the UK to apply. You apply to a British Embassy or Consulate General which then sends it back to the UK for processing. Then you get an approval (or not), at which point you have to visit the embassy again to get your passport stamped with the lovely lions and things.

Had some absolutely wonderful time with immigration authorities when I had my London office and processed two employees from non-EU. What a nightmare. The worst and least efficient government agency there is. And by the way, the US is no better.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

epsomraver

Does anything immigration make sense these days Tony?

TonyGilroy

Thanks for that.

I thought though that the club made the application for the work permit and a tribunal sat and made a decision. That's what was supposed to be happening with Boateng.

Immigration is an area of law I've managed to avoid.

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 06, 2011, 01:21:22 PM

Makes no sense to me.

Hmmmm, I wonder if the daily temperature in Madrid is a bit more attractive than that of either London or Amsterdam at this moment.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 06, 2011, 01:32:02 PM
Thanks for that.

I thought though that the club made the application for the work permit and a tribunal sat and made a decision. That's what was supposed to be happening with Boateng.

Immigration is an area of law I've managed to avoid.

I have the dubious pleasure of handling ex-pat and international assignments as part of my role and dealing with immigration issues (particularly non-EU in to EU) is a complete mare, and one that I sub-contract out to professional advisors who have more interest in, and knowledge of, this area than little old me.

Hazey

Took 4 months to get mine sorted back in 2005, whilst i twiddled my thumbs back in Tassie.

Let's hope FFC have a little more pull than an NHS trust £100m in debt....
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Brede Butter Pudding

It seems as though the process has been speeded on somewhat and he's now received his work permit, and flew into London yesterday. He says he will meet the team for the first time on Wednesday morning.

Found all this out on Ruiz's personal website:

http://www.bryanruizcr.com/BR/noticia/bryan-recibio-visa-de-trabajo-y-entrenara-miercoles-con-fulham/

elgreenio

great stuff, couple of days early as well it seems so maybe Jol has to rethink his part to play on Sunday
touch my camera through the fence

ElissonSnygg

Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Burt

Good lad.

I am going to have his name on my replica shirt.

"The Player Formerly Known as Ruiz".

Catchy, huh?