watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Could FFC be in Trouble over this

Started by Peabody, September 06, 2011, 04:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Sounds like there was no anticipation of the number of people who turned up without tickets.

With thousands of people who don't know the layout, relatively few police, not many stewards, no space around the ground etc. then this should have been forseen.

Hindsight. Marvelous thing, isn't it?

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Burt on September 06, 2011, 08:28:31 PM
Sounds like there was no anticipation of the number of people who turned up without tickets.

With thousands of people who don't know the layout, relatively few police, not many stewards, no space around the ground etc. then this should have been forseen.

'Hindsight' is the only module not covered in Event Management courses.
Getting in is mostly okay if you time it right but getting out has become a pain.The squeezes have been getting more frequent of late and it takes an age to get out of the Putney end sometimes as we all shuffle towards one gate where the shuffling queue breaks off into two directions whilst merging with a bigger more mobile queue mostly going one way. Good job we do not attract too many trouble makers. Risk Assessment D - these days if setting up from scratch. I'm not sure why Planning Permission to have access points, or even exit only points into the park is not contested more vigourously. There is nothing of horticultural merit in the way and lets be honest this end of the park needs investment to balance out the work on the pond. As has been said we are rather boxed in and if 'the council' can't allow expansion into the obvious option we are doomed. Putney Common Stadium black and white army?

Burt

Quote from: ScalleysDad on September 06, 2011, 08:46:07 PM

Getting in is mostly okay if you time it right but getting out has become a pain.The squeezes have been getting more frequent of late and it takes an age to get out of the Putney end sometimes as we all shuffle towards one gate where the shuffling queue breaks off into two directions whilst merging with a bigger more mobile queue mostly going one way. Good job we do not attract too many trouble makers. Risk Assessment D - these days if setting up from scratch. I'm not sure why Planning Permission to have access points, or even exit only points into the park is not contested more vigourously. There is nothing of horticultural merit in the way and lets be honest this end of the park needs investment to balance out the work on the pond. As has been said we are rather boxed in and if 'the council' can't allow expansion into the obvious option we are doomed. Putney Common Stadium black and white army?

Direct access to Bishops Park from the Putney end may make sense, although for those looking to walk towards Hammersmith may cause a bit of an issue - its enough of a bottleneck getting in to Bishops Park from Stevengage Road after a match without having hundreds of people wanting to come the other way.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Burt on September 06, 2011, 08:54:15 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on September 06, 2011, 08:46:07 PM

Direct access to Bishops Park from the Putney end may make sense, although for those looking to walk towards Hammersmith may cause a bit of an issue - its enough of a bottleneck getting in to Bishops Park from Stevengage Road after a match without having hundreds of people wanting to come the other way.

Big fat sign over the exit points into the park, Putney, Station, Bricklayers and another big fat sign with an arrow pointing towards the Stevenage Road saying Hammersmith, Station, Crabtree, Pizza emporium. Easy.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Yeah, probably not Ms Brookes' finest moment...
[/quote]

Has she ever had anything above an average moment? She is useless. Worst PR & media dept in the Prem. You would expect to find that nonsense at Scunthorpe  not at Fulham
[/quote]

This is a bit harsh, I would love to see the results of your study of the effectiveness of the PR departments of the whole premiership that I assume you base your comments on.

or alternatively perhaps you are just making things up...

The Bronsons

First rule of PR, surely, is to sound as if you care. I have no knowledge or opinion about Sarah Brookes, but that statement in the Standard is inept at best.

finnster01

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on September 06, 2011, 10:23:28 PM

Has she ever had anything above an average moment? She is useless. Worst PR & media dept in the Prem. You would expect to find that nonsense at Scunthorpe  not at Fulham
[/quote]

This is a bit harsh, I would love to see the results of your study of the effectiveness of the PR departments of the whole premiership that I assume you base your comments on.

[/quote]

I don't need to do a study to confirm what I already know.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: finnster01 on September 07, 2011, 08:02:20 AM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on September 06, 2011, 10:23:28 PM

[/quote]

I don't need to do a study to confirm what I already know.

Guess there is no point arguing with somebody who doesn't feel the  need for any eveidence to support their claims
[/quote]