watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Could FFC be in Trouble over this

Started by Peabody, September 06, 2011, 04:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

This could prevent us from having any more premium games at The Cottage.

http://headersandvolleys.co.uk/2011/09/06/chaos-at-the-cottage/

The Equalizer

Can't disagree with the man, but it's strange that it only seems to occur for matches which are non-league of domestic cup games.

There were a couple of times in the last Europa run where a massive crush happened up by the Hammersmith End turnstiles. I was absolutely shocked at the lack of stewarding or police control there to prevent it happening. The problem is that it's such a bottleneck getting on to Stevenage Road, yet they insist on having paying gates and massive queues for collecting tickets which just means there's going to be more and more people entering the area without crowds dissipating. Something definitely needs to be done about it.

A well written piece, and I'm very interested in seeing the club's responses.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

ImperialWhite

This is why we couldn't expand, perhaps?

Burt

Quote from: ImperialWhite on September 06, 2011, 04:29:17 PM
This is why we couldn't expand, perhaps?

That may have something to do with it.

Particularly if there is no direct exit from the ground in to Bishops Park.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 06, 2011, 04:27:55 PM
Can't disagree with the man, but it's strange that it only seems to occur for matches which are non-league of domestic cup games.

There were a couple of times in the last Europa run where a massive crush happened up by the Hammersmith End turnstiles. I was absolutely shocked at the lack of stewarding or police control there to prevent it happening. The problem is that it's such a bottleneck getting on to Stevenage Road, yet they insist on having paying gates and massive queues for collecting tickets which just means there's going to be more and more people entering the area without crowds dissipating. Something definitely needs to be done about it.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23984289-fulham-tell-crushed-fans-ticket-chaos-not-our-fault.do

Fulham tell 'crushed' fans: Ticket chaos not our fault

This looks like a PR disaster in the making

The Equalizer

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on September 06, 2011, 04:32:13 PM

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23984289-fulham-tell-crushed-fans-ticket-chaos-not-our-fault.do

Yeah, probably not Ms Brookes' finest moment...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Whiteroom

It really was bad. FFC didn't deal with it at all well. There seemed to be either no preparation or no idea of how busy it would be.

The Equalizer

I've just tweeted this link and aimed it at Sarah Brookes. If I get a response I'll let you know.

@equalizerFFC

Peabody

I think and always have, that Fulham's biggest problem is, unlike other grounds, we only have entrance and exit on one side, ie Stevenage Road, thus, as Equaliser said you do get problems for some big games. It is OK for us regular users but for a newcomer, that could be a problem. Judging by the clubs response to last night though, they are digging a deep hole for themselves.

theo

Terrible response by the club, hopefully they'll take responsibility at some point, sounds like it was really badly planned.

Ron Sheepskin

Don't be to quick to point the finger of blame, it's happened before:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/feb/07/newsstory.sport15

Mrs S was on a turnstile for that game - her verdict: "Never again"
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

epsomraver

Trouble is that they always seem to under estimate the turn out. for the u 18's semi final they had one turnstile open with a line around the block, always frightened to employ more people than required and always get it wrong

epsomraver

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on September 06, 2011, 04:53:13 PM

The fact there is previous compounds Fulham's error

Blingo

We are going to have to stop Lawrie Sanchez from coming completely next time.  064.gif

finnster01

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 06, 2011, 04:35:24 PM

Has she ever had anything above an average moment? She is useless. Worst PR & media dept in the Prem. You would expect to find that nonsense at Scunthorpe  not at Fulham
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Blingo

Quote from: finnster01 on September 06, 2011, 05:38:07 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on September 06, 2011, 04:35:24 PM

Has she ever had anything above an average moment? She is useless. Worst PR & media dept in the Prem. You would expect to find that nonsense at Scunthorpe ) not at Fulham

Yeah.......but would ya?????

Logicalman

Lucky they didn't ask MaF for a comment, he would just told them if they didn't like it to shove it and go to Stamford Bridge!!!  064.gif

Aldo

Quote from: epsomraver on September 06, 2011, 04:57:54 PM
Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on September 06, 2011, 04:53:13 PM

The fact there is previous compounds Fulham's error

To be fair this says it was at Brentford!

Quills

FFC's ability to dig itself into a hole never ceases to amaze me.  Without wanting to sound like a wuss, I was really caught up in the crush last night and my ribs have been feeling a bit tender all day - although admittedly two previous stress fractures from years back wouldn't have helped with that.  So to hear it's all my fault and down to a 'carnival atmosphere' sticks in the craw a bit.

Jack Fulham

I know they've always just had two booths but surely they should of realised the amount of tickets they had and brought in more booths. There isn't a lot of space to queue up though, Stevenage road always becomes very crowded 30 mins prior to k.o but luckily I'm in the JH stand so dunno what it's like to get in the Hammy End.