more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My Book

Started by CorkedHat, September 07, 2011, 03:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 07, 2011, 02:16:23 PM
:Haynes The Maestro:  :Haynes The Maestro:  :Haynes The Maestro: . And what the bloody hell is Kindle?

It's basically a self-drawing etch-a-sketch that you can read books on.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Airfix

My Kindle shall be blessed with this book, for sure.

:clap_hands:

MrFantastic

i cant write an essay and you wrote a whole book well done
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Well done .......... I am terribly pleased for you
They say everyone had a good book in them, that er boy from Saffff Landan has several   

CorkedHat

Quote from: KCat on September 08, 2011, 12:55:46 AM
Well done .......... I am terribly pleased for you
They say everyone had a good book in them, that er boy from Saffff Landan has several   

I know that you were disappointed with the ending of my first book, KCat, but at least you know the ending to this one. That isn't the important part though - it's the journey :down_under:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Scrumpy

065.gif Looking forward to reading this, Mr Hat. Congrats.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

LBNo11

I am so very glad that I got to speak to Jeannie on those rare occassions, I can still remember her soft Scottish tones and your e-mails with how Jeannie was getting on. An emotional roller coaster that many of your Fulham supporting friends experienced with you.

I know it will be a different book to the Steinbeck-like 'Burnt Sugar Dreaming' which sits in my Fulham library, nevertheless I am sure it will be from the heart and be a happy as well as a sad tale of the reality of the life you both shared, and I am sure you will do her memory credit - nothing less than she deserves.

Ed

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

CorkedHat

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 08, 2011, 09:50:44 PM
I am so very glad that I got to speak to Jeannie on those rare occassions, I can still remember her soft Scottish tones and your e-mails with how Jeannie was getting on. An emotional roller coaster that many of your Fulham supporting friends experienced with you.

I know it will be a different book to the Steinbeck-like 'Burnt Sugar Dreaming' which sits in my Fulham library, nevertheless I am sure it will be from the heart and be a happy as well as a sad tale of the reality of the life you both shared, and I am sure you will do her memory credit - nothing less than she deserves.

Ed

I know that you won't object to it but some of your conversations with her are recorded in the book - the same with the Whittlesey warbler- Old Brown Shoe.
Jeannie loved talking to you both and even though I had to hold the phone to her ear it was worth every aching moment just to see the pleasure she derived from it.
We are well on the way now  about seven weeks away from publication.
Thanks to everyone in the Fulham family for your kind words and support.
John Henry Ellen

NogoodBoyo

Count me in, Corked.  Hard-back Amazon for me - Kindle doesn't light my fire.  It's a brave warrior who bares the soul when wielding the pen.
Nogood "great Scott, itis" Boyo

NogoodBoyo

You don't mind if I call you Corked, do you?  I know we've never met, but...well, I feel as if I've known you for donkeys.
Nogood "Mr. Hat, isit" Boyo

mattiesafer

Congrats.  I will surely buy it for kindle when the time cOmes....

mattiesafer

Sent that a bit early.  My father had to go into a home at age 52 (Parkinson's).  It was a very unpleasant decision and I look forward to reading the experiences dealing with a somewhat similar circumstance....

LBNo11

Quote from: mattiesafer on September 09, 2011, 03:04:22 AM
Sent that a bit early.  My father had to go into a home at age 52 (Parkinson's).  It was a very unpleasant decision and I look forward to reading the experiences dealing with a somewhat similar circumstance....

...sorry to hear that mattiesafer, that sounds like another harrowing experience and 52 is so young to be struck down that way.

CH: I would take it as a privilege to be any part of the book...

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Well done there mate. Ive had Amazon UK books delivered here for years, so please bump this post again when available.

epsomraver

Anybody who has a copy of John's first book willing to lend/sell so I can read it. I believe it was titled something around sugar cane  burning ?

LBNo11

...ER, it is called 'Burnt Sugar Dreaming' I can lend you my copy. I can drop it into Epsom next time I am around there. PM me where you want me to bring it...

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on September 09, 2011, 12:56:20 AM
You don't mind if I call you Corked, do you?  I know we've never met, but...well, I feel as if I've known you for donkeys.

The 'Corked' is fine, but the 'donkeys' is a bit familiar, isn't it?  Its Mr Years to you.
Anyway, I'm still trying to get my head around the goat (if you'll pardon the expression), now you bring up the donkeys ?

Burnt Sugar Dreaming is one of my all-time favourite books. It works on so many levels. You can read it 3 or 4 times and find something new every time.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

CorkedHat

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on September 09, 2011, 02:11:56 PM
Quote from: NogoodBoyo on September 09, 2011, 12:56:20 AM

The 'Corked' is fine, but the 'donkeys' is a bit familiar, isn't it?  Its Mr Years to you.
Anyway, I'm still trying to get my head around the goat (if you'll pardon the expression), now you bring up the donkeys ?

Burnt Sugar Dreaming is one of my all-time favourite books. It works on so many levels. You can read it 3 or 4 times and find something new every time.

You are making me blush Mr Fox - thank you for that. I am thinking that it might be time for a reprint. I'll talk to my publisher (not the first one but my current one) and see what he thinks.

epsomraver

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 09, 2011, 01:14:03 PM
...ER, it is called 'Burnt Sugar Dreaming' I can lend you my copy. I can drop it into Epsom next time I am around there. PM me where you want me to bring it...
Pm sent