more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Vacation Club thinking of running a trip to Krakow

Started by Jonno, September 07, 2011, 04:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonno

Reposted from TFI, most of you may have seen it already but just in case:

We're looking to run a day trip to Krakow for our forthcoming Europa match on 20th October.
The flight would operate from Gatwick at approx. 0700 and included airport transfers to the centre of Krakow and back to the airport directly from the ground after the match. We would hope to back into Gatwick for approx.. 23.30 / 00.00.
The cost will £249.00.
We appreciate that it's is still the early rounds of the Europa League and that it could be a long season, we are happy to take a £50 deposit this month with the balances being due 3rd October.
In order for this flight to operate we need you to register with us if you're genuinely interested in booking with numbers both definite and potential.
Subject to enough definite/positive replies we should be in a position to confirm the flight and put on sale by Monday 12th September.

Please feel free to forward this to any friends who might be interested.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Nick & Rachel Cade

53 Lower Richmond Road
Putney
London
SW15 1ET

TEL : 0044 (0) 208 780 5551
Email : [email protected]

TTA : T9640
ATOL : T7246

FatFreddysCat

Me-ate-Live, innit??

IMO If you live near Gatwick its a good deal, and you will be done  in a day , travel with Fulham fans
£250 is not bad for a worry free trip

the  Ryan air drop off airport  is in the middle of nowhere 
Trains are expensive in Poland and all that worry and hassle re correct trains and if you will arrive on time ..........you will also need a hotel and  that's a real pick and mix

Nick the Swede

Quote from: KCat on September 08, 2011, 01:08:26 AM
the  Ryan air drop off airport  is in the middle of nowhere  
Trains are expensive in Poland and all that worry and hassle re correct trains and if you will arrive on time ..........you will also need a hotel and  that's a real pick and mix  

There's only one airport in Kraków and it's the one Ryan Air uses too. (I guess that you are thinking of the one in Katowice which is about 100km away, but still with decent connections to Krakow). Both airports have numerous flights daily to and from the UK. Luton, Stanstead, Bristol, Machester, Gatwick et al all have connections to offer.

You can either go by bus or train from the airport to the city centre and I wouldn't call either option expensive. The Wisla Krakow ground is on the way to the city (by road) so there could even be a chance that the driver could drop you off close to the ground.

I would recommend people to stay at least for one night if possible as Krakow is such an amazing city.  

My trip will be wed-sat that week just to get a shortish holiday together with the actual experience.

Hope to see as many of you down there as possible!
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

The Equalizer

I agree with Nick. If you're going to spend that money to travel to Krakow, you don't want to be leaving straight away. It's a beautiful city and worth well a couple of days.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

epsomraver

Two points, the vacation club were very good last time, secondly as many will struggle to get one day off let alone two it is a reasonably priced trip

Tom Magee

Luckily I have managed to get flights and lodgings for roughly £170 for two nights. That said I cannot recommend these guys highly enough.

I travelled with them for the Juventus game and the organisation was fantastic. Compared to the flyer excusion to Wolfsburg, it was light years ahead. And from what I recall, Vacation Club got their customers back from the final much more efficiently then the official club packages

Nick the Swede

Quote from: epsomraver on September 08, 2011, 09:42:50 AM
Two points, the vacation club were very good last time, secondly as many will struggle to get one day off let alone two it is a reasonably priced trip

I'm sure these guys are great, not saying anything of the sort.

I do however think that out of the three away games we have during the group phase Krakow is by far the best trip. So if planning to stay over night during these games this is the place.

I'm sure there's a huge market for day trips, but it is not for me. I'd rather take some time of and be able to stay over and have a look around. For the Odense game I plan to arrive in Copenhagen the day before and then go to Odense on the match day.

Everyone to there own I guess!

No matter yor travel arrangements, I hope to see you all in both Denmark and Poland (wont be going to Holland however).
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Andy_M

Quote from: Tom Magee on September 08, 2011, 10:29:13 AM
And from what I recall, Vacation Club got their customers back from the final much more efficiently then the official club packages

Don't even mention that shambles! German efficiency?!  fp.gif
@got_maile

finnster01

I would never pay 250 quid for a 1 day jolly to Poland. Especially only going from London. That is taking a larf.

I can get a return all the way from New York to Krakow plus 3 nights/4 days in a 4 star hotel smack downtown Krakow for a little over 700 quid
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

White Noise

Krakow Day trip -- Nick Vacation club, Friday, September 16, 07:26:39am (65.Red-88-2-62.staticIP.rima-tde.net/88.2.62.65)

We're still looking to put the plane on for Krakow and were hoping to confirm on Monday.

Unfortunately numbers are still a little light, we currently have 65 people to committed to travelling.

We are still getting people to adding, in light of this we will make a final decision on Monday 19th September.

Please drop me an email to [email protected] if you're planning on going to add to the numbers.

Thanks

Chopper

I can't afford anything at all but £250 does sound quite tempting even if it means little time to see the city.

To those people suggesting independent travel options - could you do a one night stop including flights for less than £250?
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Chopper on September 16, 2011, 09:01:04 AM
I can't afford anything at all but £250 does sound quite tempting even if it means little time to see the city.

To those people suggesting independent travel options - could you do a one night stop including flights for less than £250?
Yes and have money left for beer.

Chopper

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 16, 2011, 12:47:03 PM
Quote from: Chopper on September 16, 2011, 09:01:04 AM

Yes and have money left for beer.

Details?
Sold my soul to the Green Pole