Started by ImperialWhite, September 08, 2011, 05:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImperialWhite

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

Ludicrous.

Its not even spelt the same way.

Why they would spend thousands on legal fees to duff up a hat shop owner in Spain is beyond me.

Rupert

Oh come, now, it's their first win in Spain in years, poor things.  Get Coat gif
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Willard

You really couldn't make this one up... Which is why I've forwarded the article to gooners of my acquaintance.

leonffc

Its a shame their midfield cant bully opponents like their lawyers do!!

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

HatterDon

This reminds me of when Marks and Spencers tried to shut down a mom and pop French winery called "St. Michaels" under EU copyright infringement laws. Didn't work
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

Quote from: HatterDon on September 08, 2011, 07:49:43 PM
This reminds me of when Marks and Spencers tried to shut down a mom and pop French winery called "St. Michaels" under EU copyright infringement laws. Didn't work

Maybe I should sue Marks & Spencer for knicking my first name without my permission. The fact that mine is spelt with a c rather than a k at the end is neither here or there, as the Arsenale judgment has shown.

The precedent has been established.

I must be entitled to millions in damages, given it has been going on ever since I was born.

Ron Sheepskin

My ageing brain is telling me that Victoria Beckham tried to stop Peterborough United using the nickname 'Posh'.  096.gig
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Burt

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on September 08, 2011, 09:47:55 PM
My ageing brain is telling me that Victoria Beckham tried to stop Peterborough United using the nickname 'Posh'.  096.gig

Don't do yourself down Mr Sheepskin sir.

The old grey matter may be ageing but there is nothing wrong with it!

----

Peterborough are optimistic former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham will withdraw her opposition to the club's attempt to register their nickname as a trademark.

The star - known as Posh Spice during her Spice Girls days and more recently just Posh - had objected to Peterborough's plans to register "Posh" and "The Posh" as registered trademarks.

There has never been an objection by Peterborough United to her use of the name.

The singer claimed her nickname had become globally renowned and was a well-known trademark.

But it now appears Beckham will allow the club to register their nickname as a trademark after all.

Chief executive Geoff Davey said: "I'm led to believe that Victoria Beckham's legal team have indicated they will withdraw their objection to our registration of the names.

"We have made a strong case. Maybe her team were not aware of the strength and depth of our usage of the name which we have been using since the early 1920s.

"I think it's important that common sense prevails. There has never been an objection by Peterborough United to her use of the name."

Peterborough had applied to the Trademark Registry in 1999 to gain unchallenged use of the nicknames in order to exploit new merchandising opportunities.

Davey said he hoped a decision would be made by the Trademark Registry next month.

Peterborough United became known as "Posh" after a manager described the team and players as posh in the 1920s.

Posh Spice is the wife of the England captain and Manchester United midfielder David Beckham.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/peterborough_united/2636801.stm

----

FC Silver Fox

Arsenal just want to' bowler' over. I'm surprised they don't just 'beret' this story or 'kepi' to themselves. We can take the 'pith' at the next local 'derby' with them, especially if we invite Viv 'Busby' onto the pitch before the game. Well, Mr Wenger, if the courts don't work, I suggest 'ushanka'.

(wonder how many people will have to googlewhack that last one?)
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Burt

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on September 09, 2011, 08:37:13 AM
Arsenal just want to' bowler' over. I'm surprised they don't just 'beret' this story or 'kepi' to themselves. We can take the 'pith' at the next local 'derby' with them, especially if we invite Viv 'Busby' onto the pitch before the game. Well, Mr Wenger, if the courts don't work, I suggest 'ushanka'.

"Top" work Mr FC sir. I won't be able to get "cloche" to your efforts.

Get Coat gif

HatterDon

Quote from: Burt on September 09, 2011, 08:43:30 AM
Quote from: FC Silver Fox on September 09, 2011, 08:37:13 AM

"Top" work Mr FC sir. I won't be able to get "cloche" to your efforts.

Get Coat gif

and, the topper is that his post was enough to get him capped for England and France.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

On the downside i'm pretty sure Mo done something similar with a family run shop called Harrods (thier family name was Harrods)  :046: . Also i sem to recall he took a shop to court as they had similar signage  fp.gif .

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 09, 2011, 02:56:23 PM
On the downside i'm pretty sure Mo done something similar with a family run shop called Harrods (thier family name was Harrods)  :046: . Also i sem to recall he took a shop to court as they had similar signage  fp.gif .

Hopefully Michael Jackson's estate can take him to court for that ugly thing inside the Cottage.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead