watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: The Temperance

Started by CincyFulham1, September 09, 2011, 04:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CincyFulham1

Has anyone ever be in a pub called the Temperance?  From what was described by my nephew it would be opposite side of the street from the Golden Lion and a little further east.  Possibly where Fulham High Street, New Kings Road? (A308) and Church Gate meet.  Was just wondering if anyone had any info on the place.

Fletchino

Yes I've been in there does not get as busy as other pubs on match day good food good beers pricey and no tv

JBH

Quote from: FLETCHINO on September 09, 2011, 06:40:27 AM
Yes I've been in there does not get as busy as other pubs on match day good food good beers pricey and no tv

I actually think they now have SKY Sports, also use to be no Colours but not sure now

Here is their website link

http://www.thetemperancefulham.co.uk/

Nick the Swede

Not bad in terms of service, beers and food. BUT very "soulless", over the 15-16 seasons I've been following Fulham it has been under 5-6 different owners/managers and has been independent as well as affiliated to to chains.

The only time it gets a buzz is during the Oxford-Cambridge Boat Race really.
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Burt

It's a bit of a barn in there, I seem to remember.

Only went in there the once, and that was when we last played Burnley (a couple of my mates follow them and for some reason connected with far too many sherberts we ended up in there).

richie17

one of those pubs that doesn't really look like a pub.  Hard to explain but no real reason to go there given alternatives available.

richie17

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/31/31593/Temperance/Putney_Bridge

beer in the evening review...

suggests that it might be better than I thought, reviews recently have got better.

BalDrick

What's the Guinness like there?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

The Equalizer

The pub was a 'Rileys' snooker hall years ago, but was changed to a pub in the late 80s. For many years it was known as 'The Pharoah And Firkin' and was a pub of legend. Loads of Fulham in there, loads of Dorises and brilliant fun.

These days it's a shadow of it's former self. The place is too big to be cosy and in the wrong catchment area to get a decent crowd. In winter it's freezing in there. The best part of the place is the Sierra Nevade Pale Ale they have on draft.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Tom Magee

I find the place far too poncey and at nearly £4 a pint, I begrudge anybody who drinks in there.

I am aware that there is a lot of anti Golden Lion posters on here and thats fair enough. But compared to places like the Larrick and the Temperance (which used to be an O'Neills), I'm supping my lager with Ann and co.

BalDrick

'I'm supping my lager with Ann and co...'

...in a pub that smells of wee and is full of underage drinkers. Pays your money you takes your choice but it'll be a good while before I step back into that dump of a pub. (Don't think the Brick's great either tbh but a lot of people I know drink there.)

Tom Magee

Well to be fair it doesn't really smell of wee and from what I see, the vast majority of drinkers are safely over the age limit. Are we really going to avoid the place because a few 16 year olds can get served?

If thats the case, why bother going to any pub before a game? Don't get me wrong, outside of a matchday I wouldn't be seen dead in such a place. But if we can't cast off inhibitions on a matchday, have a bit of fun, a song and drink amongst true Fulham folk, then thats a real shame

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Tom Magee on September 09, 2011, 12:18:03 PM
Well to be fair it doesn't really smell of wee and from what I see, the vast majority of drinkers are safely over the age limit. Are we really going to avoid the place because a few 16 year olds can get served?

If thats the case, why bother going to any pub before a game? Don't get me wrong, outside of a matchday I wouldn't be seen dead in such a place. But if we can't cast off inhibitions on a matchday, have a bit of fun, a song and drink amongst true Fulham folk, then thats a real shame

I watched the Europa Final and the Pompey Great Escape there, had a great time.

Burt

I liked the Cottage from a few years back, before it all got ponced up.

Is that still open? Haven't been that way for 3 years or so now.

BalDrick

Quote from: Tom Magee on September 09, 2011, 12:18:03 PM

It's not that they're underage (hell it's not like I never went to a pub till I was 18 FFS), it was just I felt rather old last time I was there. I don't really like the place personally but it's all about opinions I suppose.

Tom Magee

Its been turned into flats.... funded by non other than Frank Lampard

Quote from: Burt on September 09, 2011, 12:28:17 PM

Burt

Quote from: Tom Magee on September 09, 2011, 12:29:09 PM

No way!

Even a ponced up gastro-pub would have been better than a Lampard-owned flats!!

Tom Magee

I swear to god thats a true statement

Quote from: Burt on September 09, 2011, 12:31:07 PM
Quote from: Tom Magee on September 09, 2011, 12:29:09 PM

No way!

Even a ponced up gastro-pub would have been better than a Lampard-owned flats!!

Burt

Sorry Mr Magee sir my "no way" was not doubting the honesty of what you said, it was more a pilot "WTF"  :003:

Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression, no offence intended.

Burt

Quote from: Burt on September 09, 2011, 12:36:14 PM
Sorry Mr Magee sir my "no way" was not doubting the honesty of what you said, it was more a pilot "WTF"  :003:

Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression, no offence intended.

I meant "polite" WTF.

An expression of incredulity...