watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Derby (A) 14th May 1983

Started by MOR :, September 09, 2011, 04:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOR :

I come across this last night and you know what, it still bloody annoys me...
A horrible day to be a Fulham Supporter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW0mNuQPokQ#

Burt

Awful day.

There was a thread about this a few weeks ago, I recounted how it was the only time in my life I wrote a letter of complaint.

I wrote to the then FA chairman, Graham Kelly, asking on what grounds they had decided that the match should not be replayed given there had never been a game before that which had been abandoned and never replayed.

His response was that the conditions going in to the match could not be recreated. Derby were in a relegation scrap and depending on how results went could be relegated. And we were of course looking for promotion to Division 1.

As it happens, the way things went, Derby would have stayed up win, lose or draw. So the FA basically said it was unfair to replay a match when Derby had nothing to play for, and we did.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

That, and the spectacle of our players been kicked off the pitch, and the crowd trouble throughout the game, still makes my blood boil.

Never forgiven Derby for that, which is why they are my least favourite club (even worse than that other lot in Fulham).

MJG

I was having a good day today until this 090.gif

MOR :

ffcwickford

:014:Only time I took my wife to a football match (girlfriend then!) she vowed she'd never go to another away match!

I travelled back in the car listening to Radio 2 sports programme - cant remember who was doing it - and they were sure it would have to be replayed!

Weak kneed response from the football administrators as 'Fulham' weren't regarded as important - Graham Kelly and all the other old tossers in charge couldn't run a piss up in a brewery!

Hate Derby more than any other club in the whole pyramid and it will never, ever change! - poo fans and I hope they never ever get back to the top flight - should have been demoted to Conference as is now and would have folded as Baseball Ground was a poo hole and would have been condemned even in the Conference!

Rant over! Not bitter! Not Much! 

Burt

Quote from: ffcwickford on September 09, 2011, 07:42:12 PM
:014:Only time I took my wife to a football match (girlfriend then!) she vowed she'd never go to another away match!

I travelled back in the car listening to Radio 2 sports programme - cant remember who was doing it - and they were sure it would have to be replayed!

Weak kneed response from the football administrators as 'Fulham' weren't regarded as important - Graham Kelly and all the other old tossers in charge couldn't run a piss up in a brewery!

Hate Derby more than any other club in the whole pyramid and it will never, ever change! - sh1t fans and I hope they never ever get back to the top flight - should have been demoted to Conference as is now and would have folded as Baseball Ground was a sh1t hole and would have been condemned even in the Conference!

Rant over! Not bitter! Not Much! 

I went back on the "Fulham Special" and by the time the train got back to London anything that wasn't fixed to the carriages had long been turfed out. I seem to remember most of it being thrown out as we passed through Leicester, but my recollection of events may have blurred over time!