watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did He really Book Schwarz?

Started by Peabody, September 11, 2011, 07:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Difficult for me to see at Hammersmith End but saw a yellow card being waved. What happened? and was it warranted? Plus, it was,nt only Fulham who had a bad game, imo Howard Webb did too, lots of very poor decisions.

cebu

Yes, he was booked and yes, the ref seemed to be a little one-sided in his decisions.   :014:

leonffc

Webb was terrible. He played on after the 'Schwartz' incident and when he realised the situation, pulled play back for a head injury.
 Technically it should have been a drop ball but then he decided to award award a free kick and a booking??!!
 Clueless muppet.

Mitch

He made a lot of mistakes, small infuriating ones which really grate as they build up. Gave us one or two decisions that were wrong too, with corners etc, so it was balanced out but it is annoying none the less.

WHITEwitch

Schwartzer was late in tackling and it would have been considered a clear goal scoring opportunity if Kelly had not been there.

We were lucky to get a yellow and a free kick instead of a red card and a penalty.

Schwartzer also had only eyes for the ball which may have saved his bacon.

HatterDon

Quote from: WHITEwitch on September 11, 2011, 09:39:45 PM
Schwartzer was late in tackling and it would have been considered a clear goal scoring opportunity if Kelly had not been there.

We were lucky to get a yellow and a free kick instead of a red card and a penalty.

absolutely correct from what I saw on television. Had that been Robinson and Dembele as opposed to Schwarzer and Hoilett, this board would be howling for Webb's head. Mind you, we still SHOULD be howling for Webb's head, since I think he ignored two valid penalty appeals.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

leonffc

WRONG!! If that is two out field players going up for that, it is deemed a clash of heads. Play is stopped for a head injury and play is restarted with a drop ball.
Picture the scenario and then agree.

Mitch

Did no one else think AJ was dragged down for a cert pen, then Webb gave a goal kick?

fulhamben

Quote from: leonffc on September 11, 2011, 10:32:59 PM

WRONG!! If that is two out field players going up for that, it is deemed a clash of heads. Play is stopped for a head injury and play is restarted with a drop ball.
thank you thought i was the only one who saw that as nothing more than a clash of heads
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HatterDon

Quote from: Mitch on September 11, 2011, 10:41:29 PM
Did no one else think AJ was dragged down for a cert pen, then Webb gave a goal kick?

see above

QuoteMind you, we still SHOULD be howling for Webb's head, since I think he ignored two valid penalty appeals.

The other was Zamora being sidewiped in the box. He fell on the ball, and Webb gave Blackburn a free kick for his handball!

cebu

No penalty as it was clearly outside the box. Schwarzer only had his eye on the ball and arrived only a fraction of a second after Hoilett, so there was no cynical foul. A red card would have been very harsh.

JBH

Thanks to Mr Webb I have a sore throat this morning, he was absolutely atrocious yesterday it was as if he wanted a lift on the Blackburn team coach after the game.

His whole attitude and body language was that of someone who thinks he is the main event!

We were'nt great but he made it worse for us.

Total Prat  :046:

Airfix

Watched it again and again on MOTD2 last night.  Both Lee Dixon and Brad Freidel agreed that MS only had eyes for the ball and was fast off his line.  Not a red, possibly a yellow but certainly not intentional.

The Equalizer

Quote from: leonffc on September 11, 2011, 10:32:59 PM

I agree with Leon. I watched it on TV and the challenge was 2 people going for the same ball in the air at the same time. No foul was done, it was a clash of heads after the other bloke got the ball by a microsecond, and therefore just an accidental collision. Drop ball should have been the decision, but because it was Howard Webb, we were probably lucky that Schwarz didn't get sent off.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Burt

Webb did not have a great game yesterday.

Some questionable decisions, and some which he ignored completely e.g. the AJ incident, and BZ being mugged a couple of times.

Re Schwartz, it was a bad collision with no malice or intent behind it so anything more than a yellow would have been harsh, and as it was outside the area it was not a penalty.

elgreenio

touch my camera through the fence

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: Mitch on September 11, 2011, 10:41:29 PM

It should either have been a penalty for a challenge from behind or a corner for the defender putting the ball out of play.

So naturally, he bottled the decision and have a goal kick.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

michaelread

anyone who thinks it was even a foul needs to really, really brush up on their football.

If it wasnt a keeper, it would have been a drop ball and play on.

If you saw on telly, schwarzer only had eyes for the ball, as did the striker.

It was unfortunate, but definitely not a foul.

Personally think schwarzer should be commended for playing on with an obvious concussion, as he looked stoned out there. Would not be surprised if etheridge or smogyi start against Twente, because i would hate to see schwarz re-injure himself with an onset-concussion. Would be brutal for his career, and for our club.

Also, when Webb gave the ridiculous yellow card to Schwarzer, he said "whatever, is he ok?"

top man.

elgreenio

Hoilett got the ball and Schwarzer got the man, don't care who he's looking at, it was a foul
touch my camera through the fence

HatterDon

Quote from: elgreenio on September 12, 2011, 02:51:43 PM
Hoilett got the ball and Schwarzer got the man, don't care who he's looking at, it was a foul

But, Mr. elgreenio, you're missing the point. The goalkeeper, in this case, was Australian!  086.gif