more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Question for all you Americans

Started by Peabody, September 13, 2011, 05:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on September 13, 2011, 10:34:57 PM
I use HP sauce and haven't noticed a difference.  I buy 3-4 bottles at a time because here in Kentucky it's hit or miss if you'll find any on the store shelves. I just open my last bottle and it taste fine, but now I'm scared of what I'll get next time I buy some.   My GF marinades steaks in a mixture of HP, A1 and Worchestershire and it makes a pretty tasty steak.  I'm going shopping tonight and will get a bottle if I can find some and report back.

Whilst you still (apparently) have one of the fabled few bottles, take a quick butchers at the label, and post here the ingredients and values so we can compare to a 'newer' bottle of the stuff.

Funnily enough, Wiki, the font of all knowledge, and all that jazz, has the following entry for the HP Sauce:
In the summer of 2008 a version with less salt (25%) and sugar (30%) than the original HP Sauce was released.
Unfortunately, it seems that rather than being just a version, this was, in fact, an update to the original recipe.

Perhaps, dare I say, adding back in a little Marmite might just suffice??

Oh, and according to this article, Daddies sauce has also been reduced.  :58:

CorkedHat

Whatever happened to OK Sauce, that's what I want to know? My old school was next door to their factory in Merton Road and a better sauce one could not find.
Incidentally, the Yanks also took over Vegemite (Kraft if you don't mind) so nothing is sacrosanct, Mr P, absolutely nothing.  092.gif
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

jarv

Here in USA, steak sauce doesn't even come close to HP, even the new version (I knew nothing abut the changes). What about Goodalls Irish version? Any comments?

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Logicalman on September 14, 2011, 02:13:21 AM
Quote from: CincyFulham1 on September 13, 2011, 10:34:57 PM
I use HP sauce and haven't noticed a difference.  I buy 3-4 bottles at a time because here in Kentucky it's hit or miss if you'll find any on the store shelves. I just open my last bottle and it taste fine, but now I'm scared of what I'll get next time I buy some.   My GF marinades steaks in a mixture of HP, A1 and Worchestershire and it makes a pretty tasty steak.  I'm going shopping tonight and will get a bottle if I can find some and report back.

Whilst you still (apparently) have one of the fabled few bottles, take a quick butchers at the label, and post here the ingredients and values so we can compare to a 'newer' bottle of the stuff.

Funnily enough, Wiki, the font of all knowledge, and all that jazz, has the following entry for the HP Sauce:
In the summer of 2008 a version with less salt (25%) and sugar (30%) than the original HP Sauce was released.
Unfortunately, it seems that rather than being just a version, this was, in fact, an update to the original recipe.

Perhaps, dare I say, adding back in a little Marmite might just suffice??

Oh, and according to this article, Daddies sauce has also been reduced.  :58:

I'll check when I get home and post them, but I have to have bottles made after 2008.  It was a long time between having HP in London and after I returned so I may have just not noticed the change.