watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can Jol turn it around ?

Started by CorkCity, September 16, 2011, 08:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkCity

I doubt it, a visit to Mo's office is due for his formal warning before getting rid by Christmas.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Whiteroom

finnster01

I do not care if he is joking or not, but if you worked for me and performed at this level, the pink slip would be waiting for you in the in-box.

Jol can't even beat an egg.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

elgreenio

Looks to me like Jol has taken the wrong approach with the team, trying to implement his changes in one massive lump instead of staggering them. By the time we get things right we could be totally screwed already. May help if some players turn up and actually give his tactics a chance of looking good, we could probably play any formation at the moment and look mediocre right now
touch my camera through the fence

DukeTyrion

Quote from: elgreenio on September 16, 2011, 11:11:56 AM
Looks to me like Jol has taken the wrong approach with the team, trying to implement his changes in one massive lump instead of staggering them. By the time we get things right we could be totally screwed already. May help if some players turn up and actually give his tactics a chance of looking good, we could probably play any formation at the moment and look mediocre right now

Not sure how he is doing things too quickly, most of the team is the same.

He has brought in Senderos in defence, and a left back (as Salcido wanted out), but he seems to be trying to bring in Ruiz and Grygera fairly slowly.

The team is too old and too slow, so he has to do something.

A case of damned if he does and damned if he doesn't in my mind.

elgreenio

I say team, I mean tactically, asking people to play this free flowing stuff when we've been playing rather systematically for a few seasons.
touch my camera through the fence

ScalleysDad

I suppose three regimes with three contrasting styles in three years might have something to do with the current seemingly ramshackle approach. If MAF does ask for a quiet word I think the Club would implode so lets give him some time ......... lets say three years.

bigalffc

If Jol knows what he's doing I'm a Dutchman 063.gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Burt

Oh good grief.

Give the man some time.

If every manager was fired for slow starts or poor runs of results then the average tenure would be 6 months.

Thank God we have one of the more enlighted club owners in the league. He doesn't interfere inthe day-to-day, and is not one for knee jerk reactions.

finnster01

Quote from: Burt on September 16, 2011, 12:30:00 PM
Oh good grief.

Give the man some time.

If every manager was fired for slow starts or poor runs of results then the average tenure would be 6 months.

Thank God we have one of the more enlighted club owners in the league. He doesn't interfere inthe day-to-day, and is not one for knee jerk reactions.

I don't think Tigana would have the same impression  :005:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

ElissonSnygg

well, the substitutions against Twente was just wrong.   Substitutes is about changing the game ..
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

luckykat

Quote from: ElissonSnygg on September 16, 2011, 01:36:50 PM
well, the substitutions against Twente was just wrong.   Substitutes is about changing the game ..
The substitutes did change the game .... for the worse.

Jimpav

I'm sure he can.

We've still got a run of winnable fixtures before Christmas and our matches against the top 4 are all at home (bar Chelski who we normally nick a point off).

H Sun 02 15:00 Queens Park Rangers
A Sat 15 15:00  Stoke City
H Sun 23 13:30  Everton
A Sat 29 15:00  Wigan Athletic
H Sun 06 16:00 Tottenham Hotspur 
A Sat 19 15:00  Sunderland 
A Sat 26 17:30  Arsenal 
H Sat 03 15:00  Liverpool 
A Sat 10 15:00  Swansea City
H Sat 17 15:00  Bolton Wanderers 
H Wed 21 20:00 Manchester United
A Mon 26 13:00 Chelsea

horse1031

S001.gif

We will be fine.  Every year it is the same thing with a new manager.  Hodgson, Hughes,,, they all took awhile to get going.  Jol is no different and i think he will show us the most attractive football Fulham has ever seen if we are patient.  Get behind him!

Lighthouse

Yeah well lets ignore the early days, fiddle with ourselves while Fulham burns comments and focus on the real problem. You don't win anything with a change of strip. Black shorts are black shorts and not white shorts with a black stripe down the side. Until we rectify the real problem we will struggle. The Fulham gods have spoken. Change our shorts.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

horse1031

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 16, 2011, 02:59:22 PM
Yeah well lets ignore the early days, fiddle with ourselves while Fulham burns comments and focus on the real problem. You don't win anything with a change of strip. Black shorts are black shorts and not white shorts with a black stripe down the side. Until we rectify the real problem we will struggle. The Fulham gods have spoken. Change our shorts.

true, they need different shorts!  i want them to wear the black kit!

DukeTyrion

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 16, 2011, 02:59:22 PM

So we have been short changed ... Boom Boom

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

alfie

I remember very well when old red nose joined manure, he had a terrible start was close to being sacked, correct me if i am wrong but i think he may have done all right.

we had chances to score last night that was not bad management, it was bad finishing. Bringing Senderos on was trying to sure up a defence that was starting to struggle, get a goal if we can but at least keep the draw.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Berserker

I personally don't care if they wear bikinis as long as they get the ball in the other teams goal, and after MAF putting the MJ statue at the club i doubt if the media will be surprise!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.