more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My view on last night - WARNING, contains heresy

Started by Ron Sheepskin, September 16, 2011, 09:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sheepskin

First the negative stuff as I saw it:

1. Clint - when you are asked to play on the left, it is polite to at least visit that area of the pitch every now and then and give young Briggsy a chance to do his job.
2. Danny - I haven't seen a willingness to pass the ball backwards so often since Jimmy Bullard lost interest.
3. (And here it comes) Moussa - I can twist and turn for ages before giving the ball away too, and I don't get paid as much as you.

And the positives:
1. Matthew Briggs
2. Zdenek Grygera
3. That 25 minute period in the first half when the ground was rocking, and we played some heart breakingly beautiful football.

Questions:
1. Can anyone explain the logic behind the Briggs/Senderos substitution when we could have tried Sa out in case he knows how to shoot?
2. Who upset the ref at half time? He had a blinding first half, and the worst second half I've seen since.. well Sunday probably, but you get the point
3. Does anyone here know the words to the Dembele Heartbeat song? If I ever find myself liking him again I might just sing it.

Purely my opinions of course.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Ron Sheepskin

.. and of course I've just read the answer to question 1.  075.gif
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

The Equalizer

That was a pretty succinct description mate, nothing there that I don't agree with.

Our new boys are really starting to show the old firm what it's all about. Briggs and Grygera were both excellent, and I'm still very keen to see what Kasami can do. That bloke is a bit of a monster, but he looks very good. I just hope Sa can fit in and show Johnson/Zamora how to score goals!

Oh, the song goes:

Moussa, Moussa Dembele runs rings around you... de de de duh de de de de duh de
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

jelmo

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 16, 2011, 10:21:57 AM

Oh, the song goes:

Moussa, Moussa Dembele runs rings around you... de de de duh de de de de duh de

I dont like that song. Surely it should be longer. Eg Moussa, Moussa Dembele dum dum dum dum de de.

But its
Moussa, Moussa Dembele dum dum dum dum de

It just seems like half a song and that we could be bothered to finish it.

jelmo

Oh... And on a more important note... We seemed to play good football for spells and get into good positions but never let the shots go. How Andy Johnson missed that sitter in the 2nd half Ill never know. just needed to be either side of the keeper.

Didnt understand the Senderos Substitution. We needed a winning goal and he isnt the first person id look to for that!

Also, in the last 20 minutes we slowed down to a crawl. I think the age issue is a factor.

horse1031

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on September 16, 2011, 09:12:32 AM
First the negative stuff as I saw it:

1. Clint - when you are asked to play on the left, it is polite to at least visit that area of the pitch every now and then and give young Briggsy a chance to do his job.
2. Danny - I haven't seen a willingness to pass the ball backwards so often since Jimmy Bullard lost interest.
3. (And here it comes) Moussa - I can twist and turn for ages before giving the ball away too, and I don't get paid as much as you.

And the positives:
1. Matthew Briggs
2. Zdenek Grygera
3. That 25 minute period in the first half when the ground was rocking, and we played some heart breakingly beautiful football.

Questions:
1. Can anyone explain the logic behind the Briggs/Senderos substitution when we could have tried Sa out in case he knows how to shoot?
2. Who upset the ref at half time? He had a blinding first half, and the worst second half I've seen since.. well Sunday probably, but you get the point
3. Does anyone here know the words to the Dembele Heartbeat song? If I ever find myself liking him again I might just sing it.

Purely my opinions of course.

Jol has Clint playing all over the pitch.  Sometimes he has his up front and other times out on the wings.  I think it is more of a rotation and cover type system...  i guess they call that ultimate football.  Briggs was dog tired when Senderos came on and i think he was looking like he wasnt tracking back.  I think that made Jol sub him and put Senderos in.  The last thing we wanted was to lose that game and miss out on a point.  I feel like at some points in the game we move and rotate very well, other times everyone is standing around so the likes of Murphy and Sidders have to pass backwards.  I thought having AJ on really helped with movement because he ran the channels and was really a nuisance.  I thought he was man of the match and if he would have put that shot away, we would be all singing his praises.

and then there is Moussa.  I feel like Clint was a lot like him when he first got to the club but adapted into a different type player.  Moussa has to learn to pass the ball before dribbling.  When he is dribbling no one really knows when he will pass the ball and that causes him to give the ball away quite frequently.  That said, i think Jol can change Moussa into a forward that passes first and then if needed blows by people.  I am always so impressed with his strength on the ball and the way he can just push people off of the ball.  He has a low center of gravity and that is really an advantage when we are playing teams like Twente that have smaller players.  We really need to get behind Moussa because he is low on confidence and if he gets some of that back, who knows how good he could become.  We all see the talent but he needs some direction...that is what coaching is all about and I think Jol can turn him around.