watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When are we getting our first win?

Started by mangoputney, September 17, 2011, 02:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mangoputney

With WBA, BRFC, QPR, Everton now all recipents of a win and Stoke, Wolves, Newcastle just riding luck, converting there one chance a game and playing rugby, it really looks like were hanging our hopes on Sunderland remaining turd and Swans and Naarwich becoming wipping boys

When is our first win going to come? Is it all going to be too late? Is Jol gonna get a xmas roasting?

I just cant get my head round how Jol has well and truly cocked us up

I predicted a solid 12th finish (considering change of systems - personnel - teething pains etc)

Although early doors I can't see past 17th being the Holy Grail

Praying and singing for a point tomorrow
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Jimpav

Bloody hell mate, we are only two points of the Gooners and they look like they are in a much worse place than us.

We should beat QPR but if not we only need to get two more wins between then and new years day to match our performance under Sparky.

What excatly has Jol cocked up?

He's tampered with a defensive partnership and have only let in two goals at home this this season - so I don't see what he has done so badly there.

Going forward he hasn't really changed much other than signed a player that has scored over 30 goals in two seasons - more than Dempsey, Zamora and Aj combined.

On top of this he has signed some young players that are actually starting games.

It's unlikley that we wll get a point tomorrow but we will be comfortably mid table come the end of the season.

Burt

mangoputney

Burt loving the optimism, I'll be there

Jimpav, the table does not lie

I agree with Finster, we dont have Jol players for a Jol system, in the prem you cant have too much 'adaption' time... rele battle all year
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Burt

Quote from: mangoputney on September 17, 2011, 05:36:53 PM
Burt loving the optimism, I'll be there

Jimpav, the table does not lie

I agree with Finster, we dont have Jol players for a Jol system, in the prem you cant have too much 'adaption' time... rele battle all year

I am half glass full to a fault Mr MangoPutney sir.

I agree the table does not lie, we are bottom, and we are there because our results have been crap.

As all my prior posts indicate that I am in the "give Jol time" camp, I won't regurgitate the reasons why in any depth here, save to say new gaffer...new faces...new tactics...time required.

I hope the energy and passion is there tomorrow. My big worry is that the lack of poke up front will be our undoing.

That said, I will there tomorrow, cheering the whites on as usual, and hoping for a good performance and signs of improvement.

COYW!!

Mr_Moon

Never

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

mangoputney

I'm gonna follow your lead Burt

Jimpav, if we finish above Arsenal I'll eat my FFC shirt!

I fancied 12th - 13th, but thinking 17th - 18th now

Everyone else seems more organised, more focused, picking up points against odds etc etc

I honestly dont think we can rely on home form

COYW tom

Jimpav

We're be fine Mango.

Apologies if I sounded a bit strong, but it's very early days.

Today's results haven't helped but what's to say that this might give Jol and the boys a scare and light a fire under their arses.

Think you'll be alright not to eat your shirt but it does go to show that we're not the only ones struggling and we are not cast adrift.

Keep the faith!

jarv

It is only 4 games (5 tomorrow) but the problem with the division is if you start this poorly, every game is an uphill battle. The key to survival is to get points on the board as soon as possible. When teams do that, they can even survive a free fall later in the season.

I predicted 40 points by end Feb. Only 5 games in (Chelsea up next) and I think that is already looking extremely difficult. I said in an earlier post, 12 games in could see as little as 11 points on the board. That is RELEGATION form.

Also, we keep playing on Sunday after this bloody Euro thing. WHY WHY WHY did Jol not just play the reserves in the qualifiers?? The qualifiers against non league standard opposition doesn't cut it as a pre-season.

I think Fulham will survive but it is going to be difficult. Last 2 seasons, west ham and newcastle relegated. You could argue they are of a similar squad and standard as Fulham. What took them dowm? Bloody poor management!   Mr. Jol? 063.gif

zzamora

Unless we improve, and SOON, it could be a long season ahead.

heres to our first win over....qpr.

AlFayedsChequebook

Concrete conclusions can be drawn after 10 games, is that not what Roy always said?

At the moment it looks bad, and will only get worse tomorrow, but the way to look at it is that as of Mon, things can only really get better

MJG

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on September 17, 2011, 06:11:00 PM
Concrete conclusions can be drawn after 10 games, is that not what Roy always said?

At the moment it looks bad, and will only get worse tomorrow, but the way to look at it is that as of Mon, things can only really get better
Then Chelsea on Wed(ok its the cup), maybe from Thursday it will get better.

Jimpav

Spurs were on 2 points until November in 2008 but only just lost out on qualifying for Europe (can't remember who beat them to 7th place but they were a class act).

Granted they sacked Ramos but we still have a few games before we reach that low.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: MJG on September 17, 2011, 06:12:51 PM

i think we have a good shout against chelsea

MJG

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on September 17, 2011, 06:16:21 PM
Quote from: MJG on September 17, 2011, 06:12:51 PM

i think we have a good shout against chelsea
Are you basing that on the chance that Chelsea rest a load of players? Because we have not shown anything to say we can beat them over 90 mins.