watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I can't believe how little faith and belief "we" have in our team

Started by Jimpav, September 17, 2011, 04:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

I've only supported Fulham since 1995/96 and I've seen us in a lot worse states than this. Most of you guys have supported the team a lot longer and seen a lot darker periods.

I fully appreciate that we are struggling for goals at the moment and looking less than fluent but this board is making seriously depressing reading at the moment!

How about a relegation talk ceasefire until at least 03 January - if we are in the bottom 3 by then, then I will climb down from my Blingo style pedestal and eat a large slice of humble pie, no doubt laced with arsenic.

finnster01

Quote from: Jimpav on September 17, 2011, 04:15:44 PM

I've only supported Fulham since 1995/96 and I've seen us in a lot worse states than this. Most of you guys have supported the team a lot longer and seen a lot darker periods.

I fully appreciate that we are struggling for goals at the moment and looking less than fluent but this board is making seriously depressing reading at the moment!

How about a relegation talk ceasefire until at least 03 January - if we are in the bottom 3 by then, then I will climb down from my Blingo style pedestal and eat a large slice of humble pie, no doubt laced with arsenic.

I believe in our team, but I have no faith WHATSOEVER in our manager  :034: And why wait until Christmas to get rid of this joke?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

I am with you Mr Jimpav sir!

Now, what does humble pie taste like? Hopefully nicer than corned beef...

FFCcravencottage

Why should we wait until Jan 3rd  fp.gif do something now, it is now that we are playing S*** . Yes all we are saying is sort the attempts on goal out. No team should have the possession we have had  in the games that we have played and end up with about two shots on target per game. So no I don't want to watch us play as we have been playing all the way to Jan 3rd

LBNo11

...like everything in life we all have opinions, and let's face it, if we cannot talk about our hopes and fears on a dedicated message board we may as well shut FoF down except when we get good results.

The general mood can be judged by the amount of contributing traffic on the message board week by week, are they afraid to show their concerns, or just too depressed to contribute or look in?

I fully applaud those hardy souls like Alfie, Rupert, Jim (c), Alboy (tiff) and yourself, amongst others who have half full glasses, I have had to do my share of defending against moaners (I know, hard to believe) in the past and I know it is sometimes a lonely platform to defend your views; at the moment, you only have to listen to the fans talking as they trudge out of the ground to gauge the overall view. As ever, and ad infinitum, I look forward to you being right about our prospects...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Jimpav

Quote from: finnster01 on September 17, 2011, 04:17:03 PM

I believe in our team, but I have no faith WHATSOEVER in our manager  :034: And why wait until Christmas to get rid of this joke?

I undrestand your reasons Finn (You are one of the few have expressed these in any detail), but it is really early days. Sparky went from being unbeaten in his first 5 games to having 2 wins and propping up the table by Christmas.  

Hodgson was also viewed with scepticism when he first joined and only kepyt us up by a gnats whisker but we went onto finish 7th.

I genuinely believe that Jol will turn things round.

finnster01

Quote from: Jimpav on September 17, 2011, 04:30:07 PM

I undrestand your reasons Finn (You are one of the few have expressed these in any detail), but it is really early days. Sparky went from being unbeaten in his first 5 games to having 2 wins and propping up the table by Christmas. 

Hodgson was also viewed with scepticism when he first joined and only kepyt us up by a gnats whisker but we went onto finish 7th.

I genuinely believe that Jol will turn things round.

I hope you are right Mr Jimpav and that I am wrong. But we do not have much time anymore to cement our selves safely mid-table. Very difficult schedule over the Christmas holidays and now is (was) the time build a buffer...not end up at the bottom
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

I get all the frustration, I really do. I was as disappointed as anyone when we only drew against Blackburn, didn't show up at Molineux, etc.

However, Jol is no mug and has a good pedigree, and surely rather than writing him off so early in the season we should see how things progress over the next few weeks.

And to Mr LB's comments, it is good that we can have a sensible level of debate (because there is differences of opinion here) without it degenerating in to personal slagging off etc.

Jimpav

I appreciate what you are saying LB and I am not against any form of free speech or opinion. This is after all a message board and difference of opinion makes the world go round.

I was at the game on Thursday and heard the booing with my own ears, not to mention the grumbles and weary tones as I trudged through Bishops park - so know that I am in a minority. Don't get me wrong I had a much more enjoyable time making chutney last night as opposed to watching us run into an invisible brick wall around the final third on Thursday.

Having a good moan is cathartic (hence this thread I suppose) but workign yourslef up into knots because two or three other teams that you had nominated for relegation are having a lucky result is not going to help anyone.

COYW

Nick the Swede

I believe in our team, but I have no faith WHATSOEVER in our manager  :034: And why wait until Christmas to get rid of this joke?

Quite funny, I've got great beliefs in Jol but I'm not sure we got the players to play at the level us fans "expect" us too. Still, it took until the Cheats game around X-mas last year for me to shout for Sparkys head, and the rest, is as they say, history...

I don't think there's too much reason to panic yet!
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Mr_Moon

I wouldn't listen to half of the fans who trudge out of the ground though because apparently on Thursday that performance merited a ring of boos.

I'll hold my hands up and say that on Boxing Day last year I was calling for Hughes to leave at the final whistle but skip forward to May and I was more than happy for him to be our manager for another season. Football fans are fickle, you can't expect new managers to hit the ground running straight away especially when they want to bring in their own philosophy and players.

Don't forget Zamora hasn't played as often as we would have liked, something which affected the previous two managers and ultimately the results. Hopefully Grygera will be the permanent right back as he looked promising on Thursday.

And look on the bright side, there is only one way and that is up*!

*we aren't going to be relegated and i'll bet on that

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Burt on September 17, 2011, 04:37:31 PM
I get all the frustration, I really do. I was as disappointed as anyone when we only drew against Blackburn, didn't show up at Molineux, etc.

However, Jol is no mug and has a good pedigree, and surely rather than writing him off so early in the season we should see how things progress over the next few weeks.

And to Mr LB's comments, it is good that we can have a sensible level of debate (because there is differences of opinion here) without it degenerating in to personal slagging off etc.

Mate if this has been started on the offal it would have been shut down by now and it would have been the Americans fault.
I for one am not asking for Jol to be removed (as finnster would like, but that is his opinion) but he has to be seeing the same as we are seeing. You can't keep saying in the after match interview we should have won with all the possession we had. Your the manager sort it out.

Burt

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on September 17, 2011, 04:47:46 PM

Mate if this has been started on the offal it would have been shut down by now and it would have been the Americans fault.
I for one am not asking for Jol to be removed (as finnster would like, but that is his opinion) but he has to be seeing the same as we are seeing. You can't keep saying in the after match interview we should have won with all the possession we had. Your the manager sort it out.

Agree...

All I have been saying is lets not write him off so soon. He does have to take responsibility and sort it out, but lets give him a chance to do that.

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Burt on September 17, 2011, 04:52:20 PM

Agree...

All I have been saying is lets not write him off so soon. He does have to take responsibility and sort it out, but lets give him a chance to do that.
Your right but how long do you give him? if you gave him as long as (Jimpav) wants 3rd January, which is virtually half the season. Bring a new manager in does he get the same treatment (give him time, he has to have a chance) no because by then we would be absolutely demanding results straight away.

Burt

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on September 17, 2011, 05:06:18 PM

Agree...

Your right but how long do you give him? if you gave him as long as (Jimpav) wants 3rd January, which is virtually half the season. Bring a new manager in does he get the same treatment (give him time, he has to have a chance) no because by then we would be absolutely demanding results straight away.

If we don't start to see an improvement by late October / early November then I will consider signing Mr Finn's petition.

Don't forget though we were bottom 3 after West Ham beat us on Boxing Day...

The risk is that bringing in a new manager may set things back even further.

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Burt on September 17, 2011, 05:08:44 PM
Quote from: FFCcravencottage on September 17, 2011, 05:06:18 PM

Agree...

If we don't start to see an improvement by late October / early November then I will consider signing Mr Finn's petition.

Don't forget though we were bottom 3 after West Ham beat us on Boxing Day...

LOL we can't go back any further we are rock bottom.

Nick the Swede

-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Lighthouse

Not sure the faith and belief is any less than it has been. But facts are facts. Many fans like me thought that something was wrong with the club when Hughes walked.

Jol was loved by most but others were doubful. Nothing in the Europa early rounds made me feel any better. (Too early, you can only beat what is in font of you).

So far we have looked to be learning ANOTHER NEW SET OF TACTICS. Yet have still to master the 'what to do in front of goal'.

By not being able to match our ambitions of the past. We may be unable to match our success of the last 11 years.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFCcravencottage

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Nick the Swede on September 17, 2011, 05:18:33 PM

Reality flash, we're 4 games into the season...

Kids have only just gone back to school, University hasn't even started yet, Christmas stock isn't up in shops yet.