News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would anyone be interested in starting a FOF Vetrans team next season?

Started by FatFreddysCat, September 17, 2011, 10:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

I'm going all mid life crises again and really miss the banter and competetion. Obviously at 43 i dont want to be chasing a little 21 YO fast C**t al over the pitch, but playing against felow oldies realy appeals. Anyone up for it? You'd have to be half decent, i dont like losing.

L-Wizzy

Twitter: @officialslimwiz

MJG

I would be interested. Play for a team at the moment on sunday mornings, only friendly's but we play 25-30 games a season.(lose a lot of them tbh)Our ages's range from 35-55.
There are quite a few vets teams in SW london area who dont play in leagues and just play these type of games. The hardest thing is getting a pitch at a decent price, and also say 15 reliable players.

L-Wizzy

Twitter: @officialslimwiz

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: MJG on September 17, 2011, 11:09:39 PM
I would be interested. Play for a team at the moment on sunday mornings, only friendly's but we play 25-30 games a season.(lose a lot of them tbh)Our ages's range from 35-55.
There are quite a few vets teams in SW london area who dont play in leagues and just play these type of games. The hardest thing is getting a pitch at a decent price, and also say 15 reliable players.
You sound right for the job, but have to get rid of that losing mentality. To be honest there's a few vet teams (very good) in Northolt but doing the friendly thing, i want to play out my last few years in a league where it matters. Fulham only. And yeah you have to be old.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: richie17 on September 17, 2011, 11:16:31 PM
I'd play I think. 35 but really unfit.
You can get fit, as long as there's a fire in the belly and can play a bit. If we was to get this of the ground, i wouldn't want no hopeles cases, decent players who are/ could get fit. Rules you out Fletch  :59:

Nick the Swede

I'm up for it, but can obviously only play when I'm in town for Fulham  098.gif
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Admin

I'd be in and you'd have a cracking keeper but I'm to far away unfortunately.

Nick the Swede

Quote from: Nick the Swede on September 17, 2011, 11:55:46 PM
I'm up for it, but can obviously only play when I'm in town for Fulham  098.gif

To clearify, for about 8-10 games a season you can have an overweight left back, as evil as Rufus, but as slow as Pearce ;)
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

NorthernWhite

I'm always up for a game Freddie of either 5's or 11's. The 200 miles might be a problem but I'm often back down south.

VicHalomsLovechild

SG

Have a pair of boots that I have only used a few times so need to get some use out of them for a few games a season. Still playing 5s but a bit slower now so have to read the game, a bit like Bobby Moore. On reflection, not a bit like Booby Moore. Age 61 so you could have a young lad in and the average will still be around 40 !!!

leonffc

I'm in but can't commit to too many games due to a) distance b) signed on for a Sat team c) coach the boy on a Sunday.
I'd be up for a few cameo's though

Fletchino

Being well to young for a vets team i won't be able to play thanks for pointing that out Freddie

The Equalizer

I'd love to have a go, but both my knees are shot and I'm crap at football.

I'll gladly take the job of player's agent though.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Fernhurst

At 63 Fred I'd only be available as a high impact sub, which involves me coming on and bumping into to people  :bump: