watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol IN.

Started by zzamora, September 18, 2011, 05:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzamora

I think Jol proved just why we got him in today.

1) Our Formation.
4-2-3-1 worked perfectly- we had the playmaker and tackler playing together, covering the defence and making the chances. Then the Duff, Dembele and Dempsey trio working hard to support and defend the play. We used Zamora's strength, his holding up, perfectly. Our finishing, apart from Duff  085.gif, was generally good, and Zamoras effort was a BEAUTY SON. Back 4 play well, but one thing I would touch upon is, JOL DONT USE A HIGH LINE, YOU WILL GET SINGLED OUT.

2)The Crowd.

Brilliant everyone. 'Nuff Said.

3) The Subs.
Jol tactically out thought Mancini with his subs today. Silva off, Jol detected a insertion of pace was needed so he stuck on the extremely and ever growing Kasami who helped to speed it up for us. Perhaps Ruiz might have been 5 or 10 minutes earlier, but that was a hard one to call.

4) Hes got dembele playing well.
Well done everyone who got dembele shooting, moving and passing.

Most of all:

COME ON THE FULHAM SPIRIT, OUR SEASON STARTS HERE!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Lighthouse

I would agree but we needed to pressure them higher up the pitch earlier than we did. It was only after the first goal that we pushed onto them in their half and looked better for it. You cannot allow a side like City to dictate three quarters of the pitch.

But to be fair after the first goal the team seemed to play with more heart. Despite the poor start to the second half we stuck to it. Thanks mainly to a great performance by Sidwell.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Just a quick point but I would say we lined up first half more 4-1-4-1, with Murphy sitting. Dembele played with Sidwell in the centre two but with freedom to move around, but then always moved back into position.
I was very critical of Dembele the other day, but he worked his socks off and showed what he can do and worked bloody hard.

Burt

There is just no point in writing Jol off so soon in to his tenure here.

He is new to the team, they are new to him, there are some new faces, and we are going through a tactical transition.

This was never going to happen overnight.

Lets continue to give him a chance, and hope that today saw the start of things beginning to gel.

zzamora

Quote from: Burt on September 18, 2011, 06:41:45 PM
There is just no point in writing Jol off so soon in to his tenure here.

He is new to the team, they are new to him, there are some new faces, and we are going through a tactical transition.

This was never going to happen overnight.

Lets continue to give him a chance, and hope that today saw the start of things beginning to gel.

Its the believers, like me and you burt, that have kept the faith.  078.gif

mattiesafer

Anyone think it might be time to move Duff back over left?  Everyone seems to understand that he is gonna cut in and shift it over (hence no shot today) perhaps it's time to shake it up?