News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should Roy do a mick Mccarthy at Wolves?

Started by FatFreddysCat, March 06, 2010, 09:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

As you all know i haven't got much sympathy with Footballers earning fortunes complaining about tiredness, but with this Spurs reply it's getting stupid. We're safe from relegation and would probably lose anyhow, so why not rest them and be fresh for the Juve home game. I didn't like the fact Wolves done it, and i hate to see Fulham do it in the cups against lesser opposition, but i could let Roy have a free pass on this one.

LRCN

MrCheviot

I hope he uses some sort of squad rotation in both of the Manchester matches. While I don't think he'll pull a McCarthy and field an entire squad of second stringers, I do think (hope?) he'll give the likes of Zamora, Duff & Gera a well needed rest, as we depend on those three to do the lion's share of the running about right now.
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

VicHalomsLovechild

To be honest apart from BZ and Davies the rest of the team looked ok at the end. With Murph out for the Juve games I'm guessing he'll stick with Greening in the centre. The Gera BZ partnership seems our best scoring option so I doubt we'll see any changes there. Dickson hasn't played as much as the others and needs the playing time to iron out his wayward passing. Brede seems to be overcoming his bout of poor form so again playing time would appear to be the right course to steer here as well. Will Konc be fit enough for Thursday to replace Kelly? Hughes and Baird are too reliable to rest. So seems like business as normal come Thursday.

Brede Butter Pudding

Konch was on the bench yesterday and so will start in place of Kelly at LB. Whether Roy chooses to keep Baird at RB or switch him with someone in the midfield, maybe putting Greening on the left and Baird in the middle with Kelly slotting into RB remains to be seen

epsomraver

kelly does play better at right back, he had a good game for Ireland midweek there.

HatterDon

Are we as crap as Wolves? -- NO  >:(

Is Roy as clueless as McCarthy? -- NO  :o

So, after having arguably our best month ever while playing 2 matches a week and after suffering significant personnel losses through injury, you guys are actually considering tanking a league game? Why? You can't remember back a week or so?

So, my quiet and calm answer to Mr. Fat's question is

NO
This might be the silliest suggestion I've ever seen on FofF
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel