News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I know lots of people hate Joey Barton...

Started by BalDrick, September 19, 2011, 03:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattiesafer

Quote from: Chopper on September 20, 2011, 06:11:09 PM
Barton clearly has some anger management issues but I agree with Baldrick, he's a decent footballer and I suspect nowhere near as thick as some people think he is. However, I'm not that convinced by his constant tweets about attending art galleries or quoting philosophers. I reckon he's just having a laugh with us there.

He WAS kicked off the pitch by Henry last season.

That WAS a foul by Henry the other day and one that appeared deliberately aggressive (mainly because of who it was on and the score). Should have been punished.

Don't think he's thick at all.  But I think sometimes he acts like something that rhymes with it and starts with a "pr."

jarv

My guess is barton is notas thick as thought of. Humour and being bright usually go together. there are some exceptionally bright people on this board, with excellent humour. (Corked Hat example).
I too find barton quite amusing.

Logicalman

Quote from: Boggers on September 19, 2011, 04:59:15 PM
Quote from: JBH on September 19, 2011, 04:28:19 PM
I don't disagree with the fact that Henry he is a thug

The point I'm making is Barton has to jump on other peoples comments because he hasn't got an original thought of his own.

I actually totally disagree with that - Henry tried to smash Barton off the park last season - some of the 'tackles' were unbelievable, and I've seen the tackle from the weekend and that was just as bad. Rather than jumping on others' comments Barton is just speaking from experience.

Totally agree Boggers.
If there were only a choice of two players and we HAD to have one, Barton would win in my opinion every time. He has more skill than Hack 'em Henry, he has more passion for the game, he doesn't have to hide behind his thug of a manager, and he doesn't make all the snide tackles and relies on his manager to have a go at the refs in his defence.

Barton is a thug, no argument there, but the difference is, at least he tries to play football before getting violent, with Henry, he has one agenda, if he's losing, he will do whatever he can to nobble other opposition players, and if that means breaking legs, then there's a bonus for him.