watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So @Arry got what he wanted .........A REPLAY

Started by KCat, March 07, 2010, 11:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCat

They truly believe it is in the bag now that we have to go back to 'THE LANE'.....they have Blackburn, we have  Italy and Manchester ( who's the big club?)...........before we meet again.

But they are wrong the Omens are VERY  good for this one ...

It's not the Chinese Year of the cock .............

Logicalman

It's the year of the Tiger, and I don't think Arry is aware that we'll maul the spurts back at the lane. Yesterday he saw a team that is still ravaged by injury and players that were still coming back from injuries, but I can see, by the time we go to the Lane, players like Davies will be more match fit, whilst Greening and Etuhu appear to get better as each match they play. (I will admit, I didn't believe we missed Murph yesterday, Jonathan did a great job commanding the midfield imho).
Arry's post match comments show that he is genuinely fearful of what we can do away, when we put our minds to it, and we should also be as confident.

A foregone conclusion? Perhaps before this season, but not any longer, now we are (relatively) safe in the PL, Roy has his sights set on a showpiece match at Wembley, whether that be solely for the Semi's or the Final itself, and I wouldn't put a bet on against him pushing hard for it.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

It was a hard but fair game and but I think we just edged it ;)
They are scared of us and now know they've got a fight on there hands ;D

Steve_orino

The L-man brings up a good point...we're relatively safe.  Seemed like last year, once we reached the so-called 'safety-zone' we became more dangerous on our away trips.

We're sniffing Wembley, I think Roy will let the boys go for it.  COYW, Smear the Spurts!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

The Badger

Spurs are certainly not invincible at the Lane - Wolves went there and beat them just a few weeks ago.

In recent times we've been defensively sound on the road, and when we put our minds to it we are capable of giving anyone a game. Tough European away matches at Basle and Shakhtar prove this. Hopefully, the likes of Paintsil, Dempsey and Murphy will be there to bolster our attacking options (Paintsil's an offensive Right-Back) and add a little creative spark that we lacked on occasions yesterday, as well as the killer pass that Murphy can at times provide.

I'm not underestimating the task at hand - we are underdogs, but you just never know in the cup.

Scrumpy

Agree with The Badger. It's unfair to call our away form poor, but it is generally certainly very defensive and not great to watch. In the humdrum of The Premiership though, it picks up a few useful points that are almost a bonus to a team like us.

However, in the games where we needed to win (Basle, and the 2 or 3 at the end of 'the great escape') Roy has started the games defensively and then slowly got more and more attacking as the game went on. If we can keep things tight for the first 45 mins, then I think we have more than a chance at WHL.

The real question is this....Can anyone still afford to actually get to the match, after forking out for all these European Away trips? You have to pick and choose a bit and this one might be one too many for me. :(
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.