watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham's Current Position

Started by Walsh, September 21, 2011, 10:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walsh

Yes, we just lost against Chelsea in the Carling Cup on penalty's but how bad is it really to be knocked out the Carling Cup? In my eye's it does us a favor as it means less games and to be honest we don't have the best range of players to choose from to be playing so many games, I would say that it is not all bad news being knocked out tonight It means we can fight for Europa even harder. The prize for winning the Carling Cup is a happy meal toy, you get near enough jack all for winning the Carling Cup, if you win Europa you get A LOT more so this will surely mean we can concentrate on Europa + Premiership (I wouldn't mind if we got knocked out of the FA Cup either tbh) personally I think we can go far in Europa and still maintain a good league position, with Ruiz not being allowed to play Europa until January this most probably means will we see him a lot more often in the Premier league games which will hopefully get him used to the English football, after tonight's performance I would say he's near enough ready for first team action.

Shredhead

Tonight was generally a waste of time and especially energy for our regular 1st team players. The only good points were that it gave (not so) Jolly a chance to see some of the new signings in action. Most of them were impressive.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Drake44444

Well the new signings and young players generally looked as good as some of the 1st team players. 

Definitely I expect something now in the coming games against West Brom and Odense.   

This was a winnable cup however.

SHADY1

Beating Chelsea in any competition at the Bridge is something many haven't seen ( i was there the last time Beck and Davis scored) and something you never forget so today really would have been a superb result and we stuffed it.... so Fulhamish and i'm not happy as once again they have the upper bloody hand... if you don't get that ...you are supporting the wrong team... yes of course there are postives but the negaitive far over shadows them..... GUTTED..
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

Berserker

Sorry we didn't beat Chelsea, but i agree the result may be a blessing in disguise. It was a brilliant game to watch though, throughly enjoyed it
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SHADY1

and if we'd won no one would be worried about 1 more round in the cup.... we'd be gloating for the next 10 yrs ...
so lets not kid ourselves it doesn't matter & we dont care..
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

Walsh

Quote from: SHADY1 on September 21, 2011, 11:28:15 PM
and if we'd won no one would be worried about 1 more round in the cup.... we'd be gloating for the next 10 yrs ...
so lets not kid ourselves it doesn't matter & we dont care..

True that.

Burt

I share your disappointment Mr Shady1 sir and it would have been great to have put one over our neighbours.

I do however think the positives to be taken away far outweigh the negatives.

And I think the gloat factor is not as significant as you suggest - even if we had won, them lot would just have said "well we only had 10 men", "reserves", "its only a muggy cup contest", etc. and I for one would prefer to rub their noses in it when it counts i.e. in the premier league, or at Wembley!!!!

It does matter, and I do care, and I am disappointed, but we played well, there is a lot of promise with the likes of Frei, Sa et al, and we all had a good sing-song.