watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Clever Jol

Started by os5889, September 22, 2011, 08:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Don't know if anyone picked it up but he protected the kids from the penalty shoot out picking the more experienced people to take the kicks at the end.

A miss by Briggs or Frei could have undone a lot of the positives of last nights game for them

Just sayin'

finnster01

Quote from: os5889 on September 22, 2011, 08:54:46 AM
Don't know if anyone picked it up but he protected the kids from the penalty shoot out picking the more experienced people to take the kicks at the end.

A miss by Briggs or Frei could have undone a lot of the positives of last nights game for them

Just sayin'

Fair enough Mr Owen, but how on earth he didn't tell Baird to take the penalty in regulation still has me puzzled.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on September 22, 2011, 08:58:30 AM
Quote from: os5889 on September 22, 2011, 08:54:46 AM

Just sayin'

Fair enough Mr Owen, but how on earth he didn't tell Baird to take the penalty in regulation still has me puzzled.

Generally its the players that work it out. Like when Demspey wrestled the ball for the penalty against the scum last year. Mark hughes seemed less than impresses afterwards

BalDrick

Have to assume there is a designated penalty taker on the pitch at all times - obviously it's usually Murph - so by that logic, Kasami had the job. If not then down to whoever was the captain at the time - which was whom?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

finnster01

Quote from: BalDrick on September 22, 2011, 09:50:04 AM
Have to assume there is a designated penalty taker on the pitch at all times - obviously it's usually Murph - so by that logic, Kasami had the job. If not then down to whoever was the captain at the time - which was whom?

The Big Aussie was Captain on the night.
I have no idea of his penalty taking skills though
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

BalDrick

Quote from: finnster01 on September 22, 2011, 09:52:12 AM
Quote from: BalDrick on September 22, 2011, 09:50:04 AM

The Big Aussie was Captain on the night.
I have no idea of his penalty taking skills though

Yep had a feeling he was - of course couldn't have been further away from the action and thus not able to choose/decide.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Rupert

Apparantly we had a reserve goalie, back in the 60s (and just before my time) who always took the penalties for the reserves. He would start his run up from his own goal area and blast the ball into the net, by all accounts it was a very successful technique (I suppose the opposition goalie was blasted into the net too if he got in the way).

Came the glorious day when our man raced up and hammered the ball, it smacked into the crossbar, sailed back over everyones' heads and wound up with the lone opponent standing on the half way line who calmly ran to our unguarded goal and scored the easiest goal ever.

Only at Fulham.....
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.