News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If you can't see the signs of a good team starting to form, then truthfully.....

Started by Scrumpy, September 25, 2011, 02:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrumpy

If you can't see the signs of a good team starting to form, then truthfully and honestly you are blind to the way football works.

That's a quote from The Official site.

Anyone care to comment? fp.gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

jarv

Time will tell. Fulham definitely have a strong squad but we need a WIN or 2. 082.gif

Mr Fulham

Well - stats say Fulham are the only team in the Premiership without a single victory and are now without a win in six Premier League matches. The team hasn't scored in the last ~240 minutes (Premier League/League Cup) and has only scored four goals in the League this season. We're not able to take our chances and we're not able to win.

QPR match is make or break and can be a really decisive match. If we win, it will be ok and we can still hope for a good season. If we lose it or draw it, we will be in for a long hard season. It's not only about the three points - it's about confidence and desire. I think it's quite remarkable that we're eight (!) points behind Newcastle - a team everyone on here had nailed-on as relegation candidates. And we're five behind Stoke. And three behind QPHaha.  086.gif

CULTUREVULTURE

I think it's spot on. The 2nd half performance against City was amazing and despite all the media reaction being in favour of Chelsea we played superbly at Stamford Bridge with a second choice XI. Had we picked up the win at SB everyone would have been hailing the dawn of a new era. I am being patient because the team are adapting to a third system/style of play within 18 months. Also, the extensive restructuring of the squad means things will take time to settle. But we have come a long way from the team that played Villa in August.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on September 25, 2011, 04:54:55 AM
Had we picked up the win at SB everyone would have been hailing the dawn of a new era.

Well truth is - we haven't.

And that's mainly because we still need a decent striker. Our football is good - but we're not able to score or to win. It is a real shame that we're not good where you have to be good to survive. We can defend, we can pass the ball well, we can play beautiful football - but we can't score goals - and therefore can't win matches. Gignac - I think it's as simple as that. Sa, Zamora and AJ are no out-and-out goalscorers. And this has cost us more than once already this season.

Adding to that - these are the easy matches currently. December will be a difficult month - truth is that there is no time to build a side really.

Jimpav

The table doesn't lie.

We are only a win away from rocketing up to the giddy heights of mid table.

I appreciate that we are not playing to our full potential but there are still over 30 games to be played- that's a huge amount of time if we comtinue to improve each game.

West Brom were described as being fortunate yesterday. I can't see QPR sharing their fortune.

TonyGilroy

Match by match we're seeing improvements.

It won't have helped yesterday losing Zamora, Duff and Johnson at the last minute. 6 draws out of 8 any of which might have been won. To say "we didn't - end of" is failing to see what Jol is clearly trying to achieve.

We've not had a fair slice of luck. The goal we had disallowed was essentially the same as the goal that City got given. Luck turns and if we have to wait a few weeks sobeit.

I'm convinced that Jol knows what he wants and how to get it.

Burt

I'm with Tony.

As each match passes the improvements are there to see, and with a bit more luck on our side we would have had a win by now.

Jol knows what he is doing and we just need to be patient.

I don't see the QPR match as "make or break". It's still too early on in the season to start talk of "must win" games, and the table is sufficiently tight that a couple of wins at some stage in the next few weeks will see us up toward the middle.

The signs are such that I would hope that come Boxing Day we will not be in the same position as last time round when WHU beat us. If we are I will eat a healthy slice of Humble Pie.

Lighthouse

Jol was supported by most fans on his arrival. Unlike Mark Hughes. So Jol has been given a larger amount of time to kick start his season compared to Hughes. I include the Europa games. Fact is we are still seeing the same problems we saw from day one. Plenty of dead ball oppotunities, plenty of pretty football but no end product. Until the problem in the last third of the pitch is solved, it matters not how good the signs are. We can still go down looking pretty.

Truthfully we need to see results.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

Tigana tried to get us to walk the ball in the net in the prem, look where it got us! not convinced yet, people slag off Stoke but do you think we could come back from 1 -0 down against Manure? could we repeat last Saturday's form against Man C each week as we did in the Europa last time around?

TonyGilroy

Quote from: epsomraver on September 25, 2011, 12:15:58 PM
Tigana tried to get us to walk the ball in the net in the prem, look where it got us! not convinced yet, people slag off Stoke but do you think we could come back from 1 -0 down against Manure? could we repeat last Saturday's form against Man C each week as we did in the Europa last time around?

Coming back from two down against city seems better than one down against United.

No one's saying we're doing fine just that we seem to be heading in the right direction. Clearly we need more cutting edge but Jol has said that.

Burt

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 25, 2011, 11:58:15 AM
So Jol has been given a larger amount of time to kick start his season compared to Hughes.

I agree we need to see results, and do better from dead-ball set pieces, and be more clinical up front.

But Hughes really only kick-started his season after our Boxing Day defeat to the Hammers. He was given time to sort things out, and rightly so.

epsomraver

I am quite happy to give Jol time to shape the team as long as he does not keep trying to put square pegs in round holes, we have to play to our strengths , I would love to see us break quickly and actually go straight for goal rather than these slow build ups that seem invariably to fizzle out

BalDrick

We've got a good manager, we've got possibly the best squad ever (look at all those younger players), I'm 100% confident we'll be absolutely fine. This is par for the course with a new manager.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

finnster01

Jol who?  079.gif

Shocked to see we still do not have a Plan B
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on September 25, 2011, 02:13:44 PM
Jol who?  079.gif

No plan B?

I would have liked to see Fulham play as well as we did yesterday without Duff, AJ and Bobby under Hodgson or Hughes.

finnster01

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on September 25, 2011, 04:44:06 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on September 25, 2011, 02:13:44 PM
Jol who?  079.gif

No plan B?

I would have liked to see Fulham play as well as we did yesterday without Duff, AJ and Bobby under Hodgson or Hughes.

All I want is 3 points from the bottom team in the league.

Is that too much to ask?

FatFreddysCat

finnster01

Spence,

That is top shelf.

Unfortunately it also made me realize how F#*king old I really am  093.gif

Burt

I had one of those moments after the Blackburn game...

It was peeing with rain, so me and my boy (13 years old) ran all the way from Craven Cottage through Bishops Park over Putney Bridge and along Lower Richmond Road to where we had parked. He beat me there, I was knackered, and he was as fresh as can be.

Ever since I had to give up football I have got soooooo unfit.