News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


NFR: Isle of Man TT

Started by manxman, March 08, 2010, 03:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

Its only a few months away and im already exited for it!
Has anybody made the the trip over to the I.O.M to see the TT before ? or is planning to come over in the near future?
Just last year John Mcguinness reached an average of 130 mph!

here is a clip of Guy Martin riding (on board)  on youtube 2.05 is the village i live in :P

GUY MARTIN TT Isle of Man Lap on-board Honda 1000 - 1 of 2
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

FatFreddysCat

Cor blimey how scarey is that. As a fifteen year old i went on the back of my fellow fifteen year olds bike doing a ton plus past Greenford station, he also owned a Jaq at 14 believe it or not.I'd absolutely sh1t my pants doing that course. Oh by the way, my mate died on his bike on Chelsea Bridge, no one was surprised.

manxman

i know its nuts! sorry bout your mate, there dangerous things. There are lots of deaths in the TT each year, and with the bikes getting faster, it'll only increase. They cant stop it either as its been going on for over 100 years.
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."


Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I kid you not,I used to run a bar at the Stakis Hotel Douglas(now the Hilton) and at TT and as well as live bands and what not, for the TT in my bar we had.......................female naked custad wrestling ;D
TT fortnight is sooooooo much more than Bike racing,in fact it can get prety wild ;) ;D
if anyones been before a few words-Bushy's beer tent ;) I'll say no more ;D

manxman

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on March 08, 2010, 04:36:50 PM
I kid you not,I used to run a bar at the Stakis Hotel Douglas(now the Hilton) and at TT and as well as live bands and what not, for the TT in my bar we had.......................female naked custad wrestling ;D
TT fortnight is sooooooo much more than Bike racing,in fact it can get prety wild ;) ;D
if anyones been before a few words-Bushy's beer tent ;) I'll say no more ;D

mate thats awesome!, yeah the beer tent is awesomee!!
theres so much night life, down here in those 2 weeks, i was deafend for 2 days because of that guy who rides a quad with a rocket stapped to it on the prom .... good timess

It just brings the island to life. how long ago did you run the bar ? sounds so goodd ;)
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

about 7 years ago now,there will still be stuff going on around there involving naked ladies/strippers as it is the TT,mad sunday at the beer tent with naked girls on motorbikes,not very PC but great fun!


manxman

thats ace, how long were you on the island for ?
what made you come over?

yeah mad sunday is nuts, i got my new bike and cant wait for it :L  it feels like party atmosphere for whole 2 weeks, love it.
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

RidgeRider

#7
manxman, I have never been but have made it point to watch on the tele over her in the states when it has been on. I have been around motorcycling most of my childhood years and remember my cousin, who raced for Harley-Davidson factory team and made the trip to England in the early 70's and put on quite a showing against the local professionals. I don't think he ever raced Isle of Man though.

Is Neil Hodgson going to give it go this year?

finnster01

How about we all chip in and sponsor the RidgeRider in the TT?
That is on the bicycle  ;)
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead


manxman

Quote from: RidgeRider on March 08, 2010, 06:59:19 PM
manxman, I have never been but have made it point to watch on the tele over her in the states when it has been on. I have been around motorcycling most of my childhood years and remember my cousin, who raced for Harley-Davidson factory team and made the trip to England in the early 70's and put on quite a showing against the local professionals. I don't think he ever raced Isle of Man though.

Is Neil Hodgson going to give it go this year?

Neil has suffered from a collapased lung due to a motocross accident, about a year ago. im not to sure on is condition at the moment, so im not sure mate. i hope he does though.
My dad met him on a plane coming over to the isle of man we owned a field and he was going to come a ride with us, unfortunatly he shipped his bike of to england for a race so we met him instead. Would of been cool to ride with him though :)
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

RidgeRider

Quote from: manxman on March 08, 2010, 07:13:31 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on March 08, 2010, 06:59:19 PM
manxman, I have never been but have made it point to watch on the tele over her in the states when it has been on. I have been around motorcycling most of my childhood years and remember my cousin, who raced for Harley-Davidson factory team and made the trip to England in the early 70's and put on quite a showing against the local professionals. I don't think he ever raced Isle of Man though.

Is Neil Hodgson going to give it go this year?

Neil has suffered from a collapased lung due to a motocross accident, about a year ago. im not to sure on is condition at the moment, so im not sure mate. i hope he does though.
My dad met him on a plane coming over to the isle of man we owned a field and he was going to come a ride with us, unfortunatly he shipped his bike of to england for a race so we met him instead. Would of been cool to ride with him though :)

I thought I heard rumor he is going to race in the British Superbike series this year. Is that the case? Enjoyed having him over here for a couple of years. Seems like a really nice bloke.

manxman

yeah just had a quick skeet, ''Hodgson confirmed that he would be returning to British Superbikes for the 2010 season, with Motorpoint Yamaha alongside youngster Dan Linfoot'' - wikipidea

so if he manages that hopefully he will be raceing. he's top class.
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."


Scrumpy

I've not been to the TT, but me and the Mrs went to the Ulster Grand Prix last year. I'm not a massive bike fan or anything, but you really have to admire these guys who road race on bikes. The speeds are unbelievable - and all on roads that you can drive down the day after. They reached speeds of more than 200 mph in places, but all was well because they put out a couple of bales of hay to protect against bad accidents! :002:

We saw the Dunlop brothers tearing around at break-neck speeds. They literally put everything on the line to get an extra few seconds speed.....and then I find out that they have lost their father and uncle in road-race accidents. Either stupid or very, very brave.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

manxman

have met michael in the padocks, he said his mum didnt want him raceing! i dont blame her either. theyve gotta be nuts to do it.
some roads they use are like thin and windey, one mistake and they could throw their lives away. mental , you should come to the island for it. its something special. :)
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 08, 2010, 09:10:25 PM
I've not been to the TT, but me and the Mrs went to the Ulster Grand Prix last year. I'm not a massive bike fan or anything, but you really have to admire these guys who road race on bikes. The speeds are unbelievable - and all on roads that you can drive down the day after. They reached speeds of more than 200 mph in places, but all was well because they put out a couple of bales of hay to protect against bad accidents! :002:

We saw the Dunlop brothers tearing around at break-neck speeds. They literally put everything on the line to get an extra few seconds speed.....and then I find out that they have lost their father and uncle in road-race accidents. Either stupid or very, very brave.
The incomparable and sorely missed Joey Dunlop - so much more than just a fantastic bike rider. The TT is on my bucket list,  a few spots down from watching Fulham at Wembley. Our version was the Easter bike races at Mt Panorama, Bathurst in the early to mid 80's. About 10 of us would ride from Adelaide to Bathurst, around 800 miles, watching 3 days mental racing, drink gallons of beer and then ride home again and back to the real world. Ah yes, them was good times !