Main Menu

Let The Psychological Warfare Begin!

Started by White Noise, October 01, 2011, 06:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://sportingpreview.com/football2012/11121319.php

MURPHY: QPR HAVE SOLD OUT HEROES

SportingPreview.com: 1 October 2011

Danny Murphy thinks that QPR have ditched the heroes who got them into the Premier League.

Joey Barton, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Anton Ferdinand and Armand Traore have all been brought in by Neil Warnock as part of a huge revamp of the squad and only two players from the line-up that started the final game in the Championship played in last Sunday's goalless draw with Aston Villa.

Fulham skipper Murphy said: "I feel a bit for the lads who got them up as I don't think many of them are in the team.

"I know that's the way the Premier League works but it's kind of a quick evolution if you like.

"They've made some astute signings, SWP maybe being the most important as he can switch defence into attack so quickly.

"He's so very dangerous for us."

One survivor of the cull is Adel Taarabt who could easily have been lining up for Fulham in tomorrow's West London derby.

Former Spurs star Murphy added: "I know Adel from Tottenham. I said to Roy a couple of years ago to get him, even if it was on loan, because I thought he was an unbelievable talent when he was at Tottenham.

"He had a superb temperament. If he got kicked he never moaned, he got on with it. He had a strong mentality and he's reaping his rewards now, so he's probably destined for bigger and better things.

"But we've got to deal with him on Sunday, so we'll have to be careful.

"In the last couple of years, Chelsea have been the only real derby but I think QPR and Fulham fans have a bit of history with the groundshare and stuff.

"And, of course, the close proximity. But it's kind of more important, whoever we're playing, just to get some points on the board."

White Noise

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/213703/Neil-Warnock-is-Craven-victory/

NEIL WARNOCK IS CRAVEN VICTORY

1st October 2011 By Scott Coleman

NEIL WARNOCK is looking to break new ground at Craven Cottage tomorrow.

Warnock's QPR travel to Fulham for the first of eight London derbies they will face this term.

And even though he has never tasted victory at the ground in eight games as a player and manager, Warnock believes his side can spring a surprise.

He said: "I have never been to Fulham with a team like this, so I am looking on the bright side.

"I never knew until someone pointed it out to me that I have never won at Craven Cottage.

"But I can't wait for all the derby games. Nobody will be expecting us to get anything out of them. But the opportunity is there for us to ruffle a few feathers."

Warnock praised his opposite number Martin Jol for leading Fulham through a gruelling start to the season which began in June with their Europa League qualifiers.

He added: "I have not been in Europe as a manager, other than when I took the Scarborough lads to Malaga for a few days.

"I think we played the waiters in one game. One of the lads had glasses tied round the back of his head like Benny Hill.

"That was my only experience in Europe, but when I saw Fulham were playing their first game on our first day of training, that really hit home to me how difficult it must be."

Burt

Re the Murphy piece, the headline builds it up in to something much worse than he actually says in the article itself.

There's a shock...