watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The best sausage you ever ate

Started by finnster01, October 01, 2011, 11:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch

I don't think that any sauce should be on a good 'proper' sausage. Maybe a basic butchers simple one, but anything special would be ruined by it. That said, gravy is acceptable.

TheDaddy

Quote from: Mitch on October 01, 2011, 03:46:57 PM
I don't think that any sauce should be on a good 'proper' sausage. Maybe a basic butchers simple one, but anything special would be ruined by it. That said, gravy is acceptable.
Sausages mash with mushrooms and onion gravy is one of my top three dishes "Christ im hungry"
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Snibbo on October 01, 2011, 02:39:44 PM
Quorn sausages.

Twice as tasty, and fifteen times as healthy.

No pigs mickies, chicken feet, cow ears, lamb gizzards or calf scrotums.

Head on a pike on tower bridge for you my lad  :014:  :035:

FatFreddysCat

slightly off topic, but slightly on it as well  :032: I've got the Worlds biggest pork joint in the oven as i type  :004:

TheDaddy

Fred howda crackling going :dft011:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: TheDaddy on October 01, 2011, 06:14:28 PM
Fred howda crackling going :dft011:
Perfect mate, nice and crispy on the outside, still a little bit  fatty inside, not to dry. Fair play to Kaz as she cooked it not me. I'm stuffed, could have fed six on that meat easily, but it went thre ways, and i had about half  :028:

RidgeRider

The kielbasa in Madison, WI could not be beat, so I will have to agree with Mr. Finn on that, but in terms of the kind of sausage I go back to time and time again it is a hot Italian heavy on the pepper and herbs (pronounced with a silent 'h'  :dft012: ). A shop I used to go to, can't remember the name now, in North End in Boston had the best I have ever had.

Blingo

Mustard on Bratwurst, ketchup on pork sausages, brown on beef, and fried eggs with chorizo. Now I want to eat.

MisfitKid

A local Brazilian Steakhouse makes there own fresh "Beef" sausages onsite.
Grilled on skewers, over on open wood flame.
They will keep bringing them, as long as I keep up the green flag...   :dft011:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

AmericanJames

Quote from: Blingo on October 01, 2011, 09:07:25 PM
Mustard on Bratwurst, ketchup on pork sausages, brown on beef, and fried eggs with chorizo. Now I want to eat.

Mustard on all be it dijon, spicy brown or yellow. Brown accompanying the mustard on occasion.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

jarv

Local butcher in Rothesay, Isle of Bute, Scotland. makes his own beef sausages. Fantastic, casseroled with onions.

Snibbo

Quote from: Mitch on October 01, 2011, 02:44:23 PM
Quote from: Snibbo on October 01, 2011, 02:39:44 PM
Quorn sausages.

Twice as tasty, and fifteen times as healthy.

No pigs mickies, chicken feet, cow ears, lamb gizzards or calf scrotums.

FREAK

Ah yes. Anyone whose different from you is a 'freak'.  Your logic is irrefutable. You'll fit in well and achieve great things in life.

Tom

Paula Deen's sausage is fantastic! She is famous here in the States and you can order it and it will be delivered to your house.
Fulham for life!

CincyFulham1

I use to get great ones from a guy who had a cart that could usually be found around the Marienplatz in Munich.  They also have the Wiener Platz in the Haidhausen district of Munich which you could get all kinds of foods, not just sausages.

vagrant

Musk's or sometimes called Newmarket sausages.  Fantastic.

Fusili

Quote from: vagrant on October 02, 2011, 09:24:48 AM
Musk's or sometimes called Newmarket sausages.  Fantastic.

Totally agree,best sausages ever.

cebu

Quote from: finnster01 on October 01, 2011, 01:06:31 PM
Quote from: cebu on October 01, 2011, 12:47:08 PM
Quote from: Burt on October 01, 2011, 11:48:34 AM
I also had something during the final in Hamburg which was cold and not all that.

When I go to our office in Munich they have these white sausages which are pretty scrum. For the life of me I can't remember their name.

If it's made from veal and steamed rather than fried/grilled it'd be Weisswurst.

And when you stick your fork in it, it is like bursting a balloon. And all this nasty goo pours out. Not my cup of tea I'm afraid, and I am pretty tolerant when it comes to sausages

There should be no goo coming out of a Weisswurst - it sounds like you got bad ones. There are very stringent rules applying to their manufacture and they have to be made fresh everyday for early consumption. Traditionally you eat your Weisswurst by 11 AM - with a beer. Quite a nice tradition really.

Don't stick a fork into it, it has done nothing to deserve it. Use your fingers. Take the appropriate tool, e.g. Swiss army knife, and inserting that in the little hole at one end slit it down the length of the Weisswurst. Then peel back the skin from the end, dip it in sweet mustard and insert it into the appropriate orifice. If you're having trouble with this, perhaps some nice young lady will help you, as they seem to have a knack with peeling back the skin from the end of it.    :003:

By the way, technically the outer skin is edible, but it's better discarded - you'll see the locals doing this.  Mahlzeit!

Burt

The things you learn on this forum!

I just remembered when I used to live in Twickenham there was this shop in Richmond down one of the side streets that made home made sausages and they were the dogs wotsits.

Darned if I can remember the name of the place now...

finnster01

The knowledge available on this board never seems to stop amuse me. Top post Mr Cebu  :clap_hands:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

alfie

my wife and i went to Thailand for the first time a few years back, and what was the first meal i had there,

sausage mash and onions.  :yay:I have of course after several visits to Thailand now absolutely adore Thai food.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't