more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The best sausage you ever ate

Started by finnster01, October 01, 2011, 11:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

I expect this thread to become an epic.

Anyway, back to the topic. Mine was in Hamburg before the final. It was a small place on a small "Strasse" just off the main drag and I had a curry wurst called Quick Killer. Nice and juicy and very spicy. Next to a pint of a local bock it was simply just the business.

In the US, my fav so far was a kielbasa in Milwaukee. Between that and the local cheese very little can go wrong there. Plus the women all seem to be 6ft tall and blonde.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

I am particularly partial to Tesco Finest pork, apple and apricot sausage at the moment.

Burt

I also had something during the final in Hamburg which was cold and not all that.

When I go to our office in Munich they have these white sausages which are pretty scrum. For the life of me I can't remember their name.

Mitch

Pork and Apple. Also from that sausage magnate, Tesco.

CorkCity

The cumberland sausages in onion gravy on the Rosslare to Fisguard ferry are the best I have ever had.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

cebu

Quote from: Burt on October 01, 2011, 11:48:34 AM
I also had something during the final in Hamburg which was cold and not all that.

When I go to our office in Munich they have these white sausages which are pretty scrum. For the life of me I can't remember their name.

If it's made from veal and steamed rather than fried/grilled it'd be Weisswurst.

finnster01

Quote from: cebu on October 01, 2011, 12:47:08 PM
Quote from: Burt on October 01, 2011, 11:48:34 AM

If it's made from veal and steamed rather than fried/grilled it'd be Weisswurst.

And when you stick your fork in it, it is like bursting a balloon. And all this nasty goo pours out. Not my cup of tea I'm afraid, and I am pretty tolerant when it comes to sausages

The Equalizer

I bought a bratwurst from some moody Albanian stall by Green Park station about 13 years ago. I have never had a better sausage in my life.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.478934,-0.185895
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Mitch

Actually, changed my mind. I dont know what it was called, but it was cooked in a MASSIVE frying pan at Reading Festival.

LordNelson

The sausages my grandmother used to cook up for breakfast on her old iron skillet when I would stay with her in the summers a long time ago.    Sometimes I can transport myself back to that time and place--lying in bed and smelling them cooking downstairs.  The anticipation of that breakfast was half the joy.  Simply wonderful.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

FatFreddysCat

The Bratwurst at the Stadium in Hamburg was the best i've ever had  :004: . But the best around in England are Sainsbury's Butchers choice, nothing flash or expensive just a bloody good sausage.

Snibbo

Quorn sausages.

Twice as tasty, and fifteen times as healthy.

No pigs mickies, chicken feet, cow ears, lamb gizzards or calf scrotums.

Mitch

Quote from: Snibbo on October 01, 2011, 02:39:44 PM
Quorn sausages.

FREAK

TheDaddy

Quorn sausages.

Thats not a sausage its an inside out quorn on the cob please remove this from the thread before Fred sees it  :57:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Burt

Quorn sausages.

Sausage wouldn't be sausage without these lovely contents  :dft011:

Lighthouse

I have to admit to liking vegetarian sausages. Always fought against it. But while not pledging allegiance to them exclusively, have to admit there is room in my stomach for them.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

And the part missing from this debate is red or brown sauce to go with the sausages  :dft011:

Brown for me please....

finnster01

Quote from: Burt on October 01, 2011, 03:25:34 PM
And the part missing from this debate is red or brown sauce to go with the sausages  :dft011:

Brown for me please....

Good shout Mr Burt.  :clap_hands: A terribly diffficult decision, but I have to agree and go the brown sauce route. However you do need to have a healty dozage on the side of English mustard to give it a bit of a bite and make your hair in your behind stand to attention as well.

Burt

Quote from: finnster01 on October 01, 2011, 03:29:11 PM
Quote from: Burt on October 01, 2011, 03:25:34 PM

Brown for me please....

Good shout Mr Burt.  :clap_hands: A terribly diffficult decision, but I have to agree and go the brown sauce route. However you do need to have a healty dozage on the side of English mustard to give it a bit of a bite and make your hair in your behind stand to attention as well.

Completely agree Mr Finn sir.

I am starting to salivate now. And that's not happened since I watched Barabarella last night.

TheDaddy

Sorry lads but we could lose this thread now you've mentioned sauces brown on bacon , red on sausages with fried onions .

Tescos finest my fav atm...
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "