watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zamora To Leave After Fall Out With Jol

Started by White Noise, October 02, 2011, 12:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

The truth is that very few of us know what the players think, we may surmise because someones body language is not  right, that the player is unhappy and for all I know, that might be right but if, at the end of the day a player wants to leave , then that player leaves but the club goes on, maybe at a lower level, maybe not. My point is that this is all something that I or you cannot influence and quite frankly, I am beyond getting upset by what appears, at the moment, to be just gossip. Now I am off to do what I can influence and that is support my team.

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

White Noise

The People and The Sunday Mirror are sister papers and the top football stories often appear in both online versions. So it is just the latter publicising the story for the former.

Zamora will score this afternoon and this will then soon be forgotten.

cebu

Now let's see a MoM performance from the big man.

ron

I think we've all known for some weeks that there is a problem in the dressing room about Jol's walk in "a new broom sweeps clean" attitude in team selection and positional play. If there isn't a real attempt at restoring harmony between established players and the boss, then the bad blood between the two will rumble on and take until the next transfer window...or longer...to resolve itself. Which maybe a long time given our league position.

Even level-headed players and managers can be prima donnas in this business of over-inflated wages with egos to match.

Fernhurst

Jol was only at Spurs 3 months before getting Zamora on his bike and giving him a push. Get Coat gif

Danny may be next but I would love him to retire gracefully and join our backroom team.

richie17

It's a Dave Kidd story so I'm sure there's something to it.

AlFayedsChequebook

076.gif
Quote from: Fernhurst on October 02, 2011, 11:24:29 AM
Jol was only at Spurs 3 months before getting Zamora on his bike and giving him a push. Get Coat gif

Danny may be next but I would love him to retire gracefully and join our backroom team.

Zamora left before jolly arrived

zzamora

Quote from: richie17 on October 02, 2011, 11:36:18 AM

Yeah there is something to it...

His Job!   :dead horse:

LRCN

Quote from: zzamora on October 02, 2011, 12:27:53 PM
Quote from: richie17 on October 02, 2011, 11:36:18 AM

Yeah there is something to it...

His Job!   :dead horse:

na he's fulham and is pretty good when it comes to us

cmg

To me the most surprising thing about the article was the realization that The People was still in existence. I thought it had long gone the way of Sunday Graphic, Reynolds News and Sunday Pictorial (if they have gone. Perhaps one of them will pop up with a Fulham Sensation story next week.

Hacking away the overblown prose and made-up quotes, we are left with a story that basically says that some payers are finding new playing styles confusing and that some well-established payers are getting a bit nervous as to their position in the scheme of things.

On reflection it would be surprising if this were not the case. Hodgson established a rigid (and successful) system of using his existing resources. After 'the Great Escape' we had the benefit of playing an almost unchanged team for a whole season. Even when major injuries did occur (Zamora) it only served to emphasize how thin our resources were. Established players were in little, or no, danger of being replaced.

Complaints about lack of squad depth and advanced average age, have been recognized and addressed by Jol. Players in virtually every position are under pressure, often by a younger potential replacement. 'The old guard' are not necessarily going to be delighted with this course of events, particularly when accompanied by 'new' tactics which, if the recently published interview with Jol (interesting, but complex to say the least) is anything to go by. Stories of 'unhappy' players may continue to feature accompanied by the usual lurid embellishments of the popular press.

Tennyson wrote "The old order changeth, yielding place to new." In the process some popular figures may have to fall by the wayside. In my opinion Bobby Zamora is our most outstanding player. I would love to see him in Fulham colours, terrorizing defenders for years to come. But, remember, we have only seen the best of him for, what? about a season and a half? The days are gone when any player who fancied it could play out his days on the banks of the Thames. Jol is the manager and the players must operate according to his rules, if they can't they must depart. If it doesn't work Jol will go. Nobody lasts forever. Fulham FC is the only constant.

White Noise

Firstly, may I say how pleasing it is to see Alfred, Lord Tennyson quoted on this fine old board. If Fulham put more than 3 goals past QPR today perhaps we could all quote a Poet Laureate in a subsequent post for the remainder of the day!! :dft011:

With apologies to Finnster01, I now see that the Sunday Mirror have come up with their own version of the story by Paul Smith - not as I had thought a straight rehash of The People one -

Jol faces player revolt at Fulham

Published 22:56 01/10/11

By Paul Smith

Martin Jol is facing a player revolt at Fulham, which could leave him in a perilous position if results do not improve.

An increasing number of senior players are unhappy at the Dutchman's tactics and being axed from the team without any kind of reasonable explanation.

Jol's training methods have also come in for ­criticism amid claims some senior players have gone above his head to register their dissatisfaction.

A senior Fulham player said: "There is quite a bit of unrest at the club and it ­appears to be growing.

"The manager doesn't seem to feel he needs to explain why he's making changes to the team and rotating the squad for no apparent reason.

"You can play well and he will just drop you for no reason and you can't do that to senior pros at a ­football club."

Jol has not made an ­impressive start to his reign at Craven Cottage either.

Fulham have not won in six games and go into the ­London derby at home to QPR ­today just one point off the bottom of the Premier League.

Jol succeeded Mark ­Hughes in June, signing a two-year contract ­reportedly worth £1.5 ­million plus bonuses.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fulham-manager-Martin-Jol-facing-player-revolt-article807148.html#ixzz1ZcmKPVZ9

Lighthouse

The Mirror makes it sound like a player power thing. Players upset about the squad rotation and yet BZ is supposed to be upset about playing while injured or something. Point is something is rotten in the state of Fulham. Today may well be a turning point, good or bad, depending on the result.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

"Fulham is the only constant"   true  but the constant could be relegated if things don't start to gel soon. What then? Constantly out of the premier division. fp.gif

SHADY1

hate to say it but pretty accurate reporting regading this story.... he will be gone in january.
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

Oakeshott

But the question is which "he". Jol would be my preference, not Bobby, Danny or any of the other guys.

cmg

Quote from: jarv on October 02, 2011, 01:09:40 PM
"Fulham is the only constant"   true  but the constant could be relegated if things don't start to gel soon. What then? Constantly out of the premier division. fp.gif

Yes, my friend. That is the major problem we now confront.

Will we be better served by the 'old stars', given that they might be unhappy, confused, disgruntled (and, just maybe, not as good as they used to be) or by 'new blood', given that they might be underprepared, just as confused, not as good as (or, possibly, miles better than) the blokes they replace?

Difficult? Yes, but if it wasn't difficult it wouldn't be Fulham.

Hopefully we will be wiser at the end of today's proceedings.

bigalffc

BZ used to be getting in to space pounding his chest for the ball to be put in to him, I haven't seen that this season. I'm sure he doesn't like the tactics Jol is using and that is effecting his attitude. I think Danny also appears to be uninspired and either they or Jol will be gone come January. If we don't start winning soon (preferably today) then it will be Jol and I for one won't mourn. Get Coat gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

aussierod

At the end of the day, as outstanding Bobby is for us at the moment, and as much as I'd hate to see him leave in January, if he feels he does not want to/cannot play for Jol, I will say farewell to him and I would look forward to seeing who we could spend that £7-12mill on replacing him, albeit no doubt someone younger and hungrier to prove themselves. Part of me thinks this could be correct, but the majority of me thinks its sensationalistic journalism and the players are professional enough to listen to and play as the manager wishes to play.
As others have said, we previously had the oldest squad in the League, we've changed that and brought in a new formation but the "old guard" are all still getting matches apart from perhaps Hughes and Baird, who if anyone could feel hard done by it would be those two. Bobby is still our focal point in attack and will hopefully get a few more goals today
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

Lighthouse

Jol admitted Zamora upset at being left out of Odense game but denied had a bust-up with the striker

Hopeful AJ will sign a 2 year extension with an option.
Local Journalist on Twitter (Jacob Murtagh)
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope