watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Johnson To Stay After Love In With Jol

Started by White Noise, October 02, 2011, 12:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/10/02/andrew-johnson-wants-to-extend-contract-with-fulham-102039-23460160/

Andrew Johnson wants to extend contract with Fulham

Oct 2 2011 by Sport Desk, The People

Andrew JOHNSON wants to extend his contract with Fulham beyond the end of the season.

The 30-year-old was the Cottagers' standout performer in their midweek Europa League win against Odense in Denmark. He netted both goals in the 2-0 victory, earning praise from manager Martin Jol.

But the Dutchman revealed Johnson has turned down a new two-year deal with the club, although the striker insists he wants to stay at Craven Cottage beyond next summer, when his contract expires.

Johnson said: "Of course I want to stay. I think all you've got to do is look at my performance against Odense.

"I've been in talks with the club for a while, but it has been a busy period.

"We've just come out of the transfer window, and we've had new players settling in, so it is something that is ongoing – but hopefully it will get resolved."

cebu

Jol also made reference to the contract negotiations in his pre-match interview on the offal. He said the club had offered AJ a 2 year extension. I'm guessing that money isn't the main issue, but rather AJ wanting a longer extension than that.

CincyFulham1

Hope he signs a new contract, we'll need him after Bobby leaves in January.  086.gif

Burt

Hope so too.

To lose one striker is unfortunate, to lose two is careless.

Unless they get replaced by upgraded versions  :dft011:

epsomraver

I think at his age 2 years is  a very fair offer, we are not Liverpool or the jewel of the north east Hull!

SHADY1

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on October 02, 2011, 08:13:25 AM
Hope he signs a new contract, we'll need him after Bobby leaves in January.  086.gif

correct...
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...