watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Moussa Sidi Yaya Dembélé

Started by Me-ate-Live, innit??, October 02, 2011, 11:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

What a class act and such a stylish player.......................................its rubbing off on the rest.

Great signing,   Thanks Sparky.

zzamora

And top marks to Jol for nurturing him and turning him into the top top player he was today.

Jack Fulham

Think the reason he was class today because we actually used the width, on the left he actually had space to do things instead of being crowded out in the centre when he plays attacking midfielder. When Moussa's pass completion is high, we generally play better.

sunburywhite

The reason he played better today was because somebody pointed him in the right direction and told him to go forward with the ball
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

clintclintdeuce

The reason he was better today is that we were playing QPR.
The Dude abides.

King_Crud

the reason he played better is because he was used as a winger

Tom Magee

His best game of the season but still lacks the final product. If only he took more shots then we'd score more, as seen for AJ's first

Sidwell was fantastic yesterday

Burt

I like Dembele...

I appreciate that he had his critics re his lack of end product but he is the first player in our team for a long time who creates a buzz of expectation amongst the crowd every time he gets the ball.

ToodlesMcToot

Best match i've seen him play in quite a while. Good passing. Took his shot(s) at goal. And most importantly, no dribbling into cul de sacs.

A very good player who is hopefully now finding his best form.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Jimbobob

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on October 03, 2011, 01:38:10 PM
Best match i've seen him play in quite a while. Good passing. Took his shot(s) at goal. And most importantly, no dribbling into cul de sacs.

A very good player who is hopefully now finding his best form.

"no dribbling into cul de sacs".........brilliant.
Perfect point needs to keep his pace. Love the guy!
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

BalDrick

Quote from: King_Crud on October 03, 2011, 09:07:45 AM
the reason he played better is because he was used as a winger

is the correct answer.

It all worked well yesterday, though I thought Dempsey had a - by his standards - quieter game. Hard to see Duffer getting back into the starting XI isn't it? Sidders was quality too. That shot (after he bizarrely let Kenny's save from Zamora go out for a corner, was really flying and I reckon had top corner written all over it.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Me-ate-Live, innit??

What I meant is ................................There is good players, great players, great professional player  but every so often there is a player who has IT., when he  gets the ball you believe  anything is possible.

Moussa is going to be one of those.  IMO the time is coming when it does not matter what position he plays , when he takes on four of the opposition and comes out the other side with the ball at his feet the players around him
will get a huge confidence booste   ...............they will be walking on water   

Burt

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on October 03, 2011, 01:38:10 PM
...no dribbling into cul de sacs...

I had that problem on a recent lads weekend in Newcastle.

Glad to say I've put that behind me now.

MikeR

Quote from: BalDrick on October 03, 2011, 03:41:34 PM
...after he [Sidders] bizarrely let Kenny's save from Zamora go out for a corner...

I thought he would have been flagged offside if he had played that ball, although I can't claim to understand the latest interpretations.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

HatterDon

In terms of the "complete game," I can't remember Moussa ever looking as good as he did against Rangers. He was not only a constant contributor in moving the ball from midfield to attack, he also was brilliant in tackling back. He was strong, controlled, silky-smooth, found the open man, and took one murderous shot that began the assault. He arrived in this match. Let's hope we see more of this Dembele in the coming weeks and months.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cebu

Quote from: MikeR on October 04, 2011, 01:18:07 AM
Quote from: BalDrick on October 03, 2011, 03:41:34 PM
...after he [Sidders] bizarrely let Kenny's save from Zamora go out for a corner...

I thought he would have been flagged offside if he had played that ball, although I can't claim to understand the latest interpretations.

I was wondering the same thing, because he certainly looked like he might be offside.

Tom Magee

Zamora was also technically offside for the third goal if you watch it back, the deflection does not count as a phase of play

And yes Sidwell would have been offside but we scored a couple of minutes later so I couldnt care less about the onfield verbals