Main Menu

AJ - Will The Deal Get Done?

Started by White Noise, October 04, 2011, 06:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/214219/Hotshot-AJ-after-Ful-stop/

HOTSHOT AJ AFTER FUL STOP

By Paul Brown

RED-HOT Andy Johnson insists he wants to stay at Fulham despite turning down a new contract.

Johnson is a free agent next summer when his deal expires and has turned down a new two-year offer.

But the former England striker, 30, committed his future to the club after scoring his first Premier League hat-trick in the 6-0 rout of QPR.

"I hope something can be sorted out soon. We have been talking for some time," he said.

"I don't think it is in question I want to stay at the club. I go on the pitch and work my heart out.

"I'm a Fulham player and I want to stay that way."

Johnson now has five goals in two games after scoring a brace against Odense in the Europa League last week.

But his strikes on Sunday were his first top-flight goals since April

White Noise

Fulham boss challenges AJ after treble

By Jacob Murtagh

Oct 3 2011

FULHAM boss Martin Jol reckons Andy Johnson can reach the 15-goal mark after his hat-trick in Sunday's derby drubbing of QPR.

The former England frontman plundered his first Premier League goals of the campaign as the Whites ran riot against their west London rivals.

And Jol believes the 30-year-old, who has also smashed six in the Europa League, will have no problems hitting double figures.

He said: "I think he's capable of scoring 12 or 15 goals [in the league].

"When he played for Palace he scored 20 goals and everyone was after him - but 10 of them were penalties because he was always falling over!"

Johnson is in the final 12 months of his contract at Craven Cottage, but has been offered a two-year extension with an option.

And Jol is hopeful the striker will commit his future to the club.

He added: "We were good to him last year and the year before [when he was injured], and hopefully he'll be good to us this season.

"I feel we are a good combination. It's a good contract but it's up to him."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/10/03/fulham-boss-challenges-aj-after-treble-64767-29527244/#ixzz1ZmwtKoo9

White Noise

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3851229/Andrew-Johnson-Let-me-stay-at-Fulham-for-years.html

Andrew Johnson: Let me stay at Fulham for years  

By PAT SHEEHAN

Published: Today

Add a comment  (1)

ANDY JOHNSON insists no one can question his commitment to Fulham.

And that is despite him snubbing the club's latest contract offer.

The striker, who hit a hat-trick in Sunday's 6-0 rout of QPR, feels he deserves a better deal after proving his fitness. Johnson's four-year contract, signed in 2008 when he moved from Everton, was worth around £10.5million.

But that expires next year and negotiations are at a delicate stage.

The ex-England international, whose latest show greatly impressed boss Martin Jol, revealed: "I don't think it is in question that I want to stay. I go out on the pitch and work my heart out.

"I hope something can be sorted out soon. We have been talking for some time."

Under current Premier League rules, 30-year-old Johnson could start negotiating with foreign clubs in January and would be available on a free at the end of the season.

It is understood Fulham have offered him a new one-year deal with a one-year option but the player wants a longer contract.

Fulham remember he made only 13 appearances in 2009-10 because of a knee problem and also missed the early part of the 2010-11 campaign.

Burt

Hmm interesting to see which way this will go.

Is it realistic of him, given his age, to expect anything more than a 2 year deal?

BalDrick

Quote from: Burt on October 04, 2011, 08:26:11 AM
Hmm interesting to see which way this will go.

Is it realistic of him, given his age, to expect anything more than a 2 year deal?

A week or so ago I'd have said no but he looked really sharp both on Thursday and Sunday (which bearing in mind the proximity of the games, plus the travel involved, is no mean feat). I'm amazed he's only 30 - reckon he's got another 3 years at this level, see no reason they can't all be spent in black and white. Also think his extended presence will alleviate any ill feeling BZ may have, albeit that's probably a crock too.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

OhSouthWestSix

I hope we get a deal sorted VERY soon. i was his biggest critic last season but you cant question the guys love for Fulham.

I met him on a night out in February and he had nothing but praise for the club and our fans, he loved the fact we had stuck by him during his injury and how we still sung his name even though he hadnt performed as well as he should of. Top fella and this season hes looking like a top player!

SIGN HIM UP!!!

AlFayedsChequebook

I would wait until christmas, and tell AJ that if he plays well between now and then, he will get a 2 yr contract with a 1 yr optional extension.

Whilst AJ has been great recently, the longer term aspects of this deal need to be considered - AJ has been injured a lot over the past 3 years, he is only getting older. Do we really need him on our wage bill next season/two years after or can we upgrade?

More important for me is the Dembele contract situ.

MJG

two great games in a week do not cover up the fact that for three years he has been very hit and miss. Extra year at most even if its just to get some money next summer.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I'm with MJG.........................................Hope he signs and he pulls up trees between now and Christmas

£50g's a week for  3.5 years and the  £9 odd million signing on fee is nearly £20M  !!!
........................ then with his stock up  '' do a Boa '' in January and sell the little treasure.