watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our Poznan againt Man City

Started by Burt, October 04, 2011, 09:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

There was talk that there was some footage of this and it was going to be posted.

Did this happen? I missed it, if it did get posted.

mrska

I think it would of surfaced by now...  it was a great moment...

Adam87

I asked for this the day after, such a massive shame that no one has it recorded. As someone has said, it will be a "were you there moment"
Still hoping that something surfaces though. :003:

Fernhurst

So do I .... would love to see it.

Fletchino

Are new CCTV cameras most have picked it up

Burt

Darn...shame there's nothing around. One of the most amazing things I have witnessed at the Cottage, and it will be consigned to my dodgy memory.

Oh well...

SKSW6

I refuse to believe that none of the tens of sky cameras, tons of CC security cameras, nor any of the 25000 in attendance didn't pick it up.

Fletchino

Just out of intrest do man city still do it? Or have we ruined it for them? Does anyone know

Burt

They still do it.

Incidentally we weren't the first to throw it back at them... For example, Leicester City fans did it when they equalised against Citeh in a cup match back in January this year. And there may have been others before...

Man City v Leicester - 2nd Goal and Leicester fans doing Poznan

FC Silver Fox

A poznan against QPR last weekend would have been wonderful. Pity nobody got it going.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on October 05, 2011, 09:40:55 AM
A poznan against QPR last weekend would have been wonderful. Pity nobody got it going.

Personally I dont think we should use it. Was great as a piss take against Man City, but it is not really a Fulham celebration. Better to some up with our own one!

Logicalman

If they did a poznan against QPhaha last weekend each time we scored, they wouldn't have seen much of the match!!  :011:  :011:

Fernhurst

POZNAN ?? Can anybody explain how the name originated?

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 05, 2011, 09:44:51 AM

Personally I dont think we should use it. Was great as a piss take against Man City, but it is not really a Fulham celebration. Better to some up with our own one!

Not sure I agree with you on this one. After all, most fans sing the same songs with slight variations to the words.
e.g. How many teams are "by far the greatest the world has ever seen".  Is always amazes me how so many people can be so wrong and delusional. This attribution of greatness can only apply to Fulham surely.

Nice one, Logicalman.  Love your comment.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Fernhurst on October 05, 2011, 09:47:53 AM

Polish team Lech Poznan.. Their fans do what they do in the clip above..

Airfix

Quote from: Fernhurst on October 05, 2011, 09:47:53 AM

Originated by the fans of KKS Lech Poznań, a Polish team.

Wikipedia entry on the celebration copied below:

The Poznan

The fans' goal celebration—involving the turning of their backs to the pitch, joining arms and jumping up and down in unison—originated in 1961. In Poland (and to many fans across Europe), it is not called "The Poznan" it is known as a "Grecques" and is performed by many sets of fans. Lech Poznan supporters debate with other Polish and Eastern European fans as to who actually came up with it first. It has been copied by fans of Manchester City following the teams' meeting in the UEFA Europa League in October 2010 and is now primarily associated in England with that club. This has in turn been copied by other English football fans, notably such as that of Leicester City after their clash with Manchester City in the 3rd round of the F.A. Cup and is referred to by the English fans as "doing the Poznań". It has also been copied by fans of Glasgow Celtic in Scotland, becoming the third team to copy "the Poznan." Although they call it "the Huddle" it still has the exact same properties as "the Poznan." Even though the Poznan was created some decades before the 'huddle'. Some say it is ignorant by the Celtic fans to rename the celebration to suit themselves, and on the 18th of September 2011 in the first Old Firm derby of the season, Rangers fans did the Poznań mockingly infront of the Celtic fans during a 4-2 win for the Gers.

epsomraver

Shame city fans couldn't think up their own unique celebration, they are serial whingers when the slightest thing goes wrong, never known such a bunch of moaners

Fernhurst

Burt

Celtic fans do this big time and they call it the huddle...

horse1031

cant we figure out our own poznan?  jump around in circles :008:  or all link shoulders and bow...  how about the wave!! :drums: