watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Craven Cottage pitch.

Started by nial, March 09, 2010, 03:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nial

The pitch for the last few games seemed to me to be in a poor state: pitted, patchy, worn and hard to pass on.  Heretofore since the reoccupation of CC it has been remarkably good, but against Tottenham it looked like The Scrubs or Hackney Marshes, and was little better in the previous match 12 days before against Birmingham. Spurs and Fulham both had a job passing on it, and often reverted to uncharacteristic high balls. Going on the TV evidence over the past weekend Goodison, Molineux, The Emirates, The Bolyn Ground, The Other Place and The Madejski all looked a good bit better. Are we spoiled? Is it the bleeding winter? Has somebody blundered?

LBNo11

...I think the simple answer nial (welcome to FOF by the way) is that we have are still in the FA cup and the Europa Cup, that has meant many more home games that usual.

I think we have played more games already than in a normal home season and so the pitch is looking worse for wear - literally...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

White Noise

Welcome aboard Nial.

I think LB is right, plus its been a very hard winter (my lawn looks like The First Day On The Somme!) and the U-18's are playing there for their FA Cup quarter final etc.

We have played about 33% more games on it this season than at the equivalent stage.

The good news is that MAF has said recently that he wants a completely new pitch in the summer.

finnster01

I think that's a job for Mr FatFreddy.

Remember the old groundsman with the long hippie hair?

Bring on Fat Fred I say and we will have a pitch smoother than a baby's arse
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

The Equalizer

Also, please consider the amount of games played at the Cottage which are not Fulham.

This season we've hosted games to the Republic of Ireland and Serbia. Not to mention the little blighters who level the pitch at half time during matchdays! ;)
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

There are plenty of pitches that are worse than ours and have had less wear and tear. But what is interesting is how we may have to change our style a little to make the pitch work for us.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope