watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Happy Birthday DLTOOFIF...

Started by LBNo11, October 07, 2011, 04:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...to a Fulham stalwart and creator of the superb fanzine TOOFIF, have an excellent 93rd birthday and many happy returns...

098.gif :Haynes The Maestro: 081.gif :wine:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

WhiteJC

Fernhurst

Many happy returns and congratulations David.

Kept me sane during an extended sojourn in the colonies.

Best fanzine in Britianl!

Travers Barney

Bravo TOOFIF and happy birthday to David.

Fulham through the good times and the bad times

We are the whites

We are the whites

WHITEwitch

From all of us as well.  You do a great job.   081.gif

dont stand me down

Yep agreed happy birthday David,he did a great job in the dark days.

Scrumpy

Happy birthday from me too. I still remember Aldershot Away in nineteen-eighty-something when this Fanzine appeared. It brightened up a dark period of our history and (pre internet) often helped to galvanise the fans against the forces of evil.

There were loads of different Fanzines around various Clubs at the time, especially Wimbledon FC who seemed to have 2 or 3 good ones on the go. But TOOFIF has stood the test of time and remains a really good read. Hats off to David, and all the other guys who contribute.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

dont stand me down

Anyone else still have an issue of 'where's ara'.After Ara Bedrossian?

Scrumpy

Quote from: dont stand me down on October 08, 2011, 12:32:16 AM
Anyone else still have an issue of 'where's ara'.After Ara Bedrossian?

No, but I remember the fanzine. I vaguely knew one of the guys who wrote it. Good lads.......and Ara was a breath of fresh air at the time too.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

dont stand me down

He was a good player,what are the 2 lads that ran the mag. up to now,? I always remember that fanzine had a series of features on the best chicken shops near the ground!I think it ran for 5 issues?

Snibbo

Ah. so you're David. Happy Birthday, and thanks for publishing my poem in the last TOOFIF.  Great mag.

DLTOOFIF

Sincere thanks, one and all, for the birthday greetings (and the kind comments!).
Time marches on, and all that - but where does it say in the grand script of life that you suddenly become a Victor Meldrew? Or perhaps not so suddenly if truth be told. A few more 6-0 wins might be just the tonic...

SG

Before the advent of the internet TOOFIF was the only reliable source of information about the troubles that our club faced in the dark old days - thank you David and enjoy the day.

bog

Happy Birthday David. How on earth you have kept the standard up for so long I have no idea. I raise my black and white hat to you. Dedication with a capital D.

:Haynes The Maestro: