watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England team

Started by Walsh, October 07, 2011, 08:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walsh

If the England team was in the premiership together where would they finish?

cebu

Well, below Fulham!  098.gif

ImperialWhite

Challenging for Europe* most seasons?

*Europa, obviously, with the odd Champions League campaign chucked in.

Jimpav

Mid table - 7th at best. Lots of inflated egos, deluded fans and still living off one moment of glory in the sixties.

Step forward England Hotspur.

LBNo11

Quote from: Jimpav on October 07, 2011, 10:05:38 PM
Mid table - 7th at best. Lots of inflated egos, deluded fans and still living off one moment of glory in the sixties.

Step forward England Hotspur.

...classic analogy.. :54:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

HatterDon

HatterDon's own personal definition of a "world class player" is one who, when added to any 30-player squad for any club anywhere in the world, would improve it.

Based on that definition, I believe that there are only two English world-class players -- Cashley Cole and Wayne "Wanna bet? Ask my Dad" Rooney. I can't remember a decade when there were as little as two "world class English players." And, of the pair, only Rooney is the best player on his team. There was a time when the England team was made up of the best players on their teams. That day is past, and may never come again.

Don't despair, though. Over the years [based on my definition], there have been perhaps as many as 100 English world-class players. During all this time, the US of A is still awaiting its first.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

CorkedHat

That is a very good question Mr Walsh. Because the English team would be confined to picking English players whereas any other team could theoretically choose the best players from anywhere around the world, it could be a lopsided argument.
Based on this, I would suggest that England would be in the top five but would never win the Premiership.
Mind you, some teams would be severely handicapped if they lost players to England and this would have a bearing.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: HatterDon on October 08, 2011, 04:48:17 AM
HatterDon's own personal definition of a "world class player" is one who, when added to any 30-player squad for any club anywhere in the world, would improve it.

Based on that definition, I believe that there are only two English world-class players -- Cashley Cole and Wayne "Wanna bet? Ask my Dad" Rooney. I can'tremember a decade when there were as little as two "world class Englishplayers." And, of the pair, only Rooney is the best player on his team. There was a time when the England team was made up of the best players on their teams. That day is past, and may never come again.

Don't despair, though. Over the years [based on my definition], there have been perhaps as many as 100 English world-class players. During all this time, the US of A is still awaiting its first.
Really? Not even one Clinton Dempsey?
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

HatterDon

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on October 08, 2011, 02:01:26 PM

Based on that definition, I believe that there are only two English world-class players -- Cashley Cole and Wayne "Wanna bet? Ask my Dad" Rooney. I can'tremember a decade when there were as little as two "world class Englishplayers." And, of the pair, only Rooney is the best player on his team. There was a time when the England team was made up of the best players on their teams. That day is past, and may never come again.

Really? Not even one Clinton Dempsey?

Nope. Based on my definition, not even Mah Fella Texan

zzamora

Based on that definition, I believe that there are only two English world-class players -- Cashley Cole and Wayne "Wanna bet? Ask my Dad" Rooney. I can't remember a decade when there were as little as two "world class English players." And, of the pair, only Rooney is the best player on his team. There was a time when the England team was made up of the best players on their teams. That day is past, and may never come again.

Hmm, Joe hart must be added to that list....

and you've seen him first hand!

MrFantastic

maybe fifth and sometimes fourth and that would be it ask yourself where would montenegro finish
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

finnster01

10-20 years from now there will be no national teams or World Cup. Clubs and Murdoch and the media will make sure that happens.  092.gif
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: finnster01 on October 08, 2011, 06:16:40 PM
10-20 years from now there will be no national teams or World Cup. Clubs and Murdoch and the media will make sure that happens.  092.gif
For that i think even Mr Ed will be trully thankfull to mr Murdoch. I hate International football as much if not more than i hate the bluepoo.

HatterDon

Quote from: zzamora on October 08, 2011, 04:11:51 PM

Hmm, Joe hart must be added to that list....

and you've seen him first hand!

I was pushing Hart for England before City went after Given. He's a great player, but he's not world class yet. I do believe he will be, but he's still a baby in GK terms.

Bigmamma

Down the pub or in jail  :011:

lamby

That is as good a definition as any.

How many has Australia had?
-Craig Johnston (not that he played for Australia - like surfing for England is his reason)
-Harry Kewell (in his prime of course - mind you, he had a cracker last night for Melbourne Victory, but hardly a world class team)
-Mark Viduka (again, in his prime, and contract renewal years)
-Tim Cahill
-Mark Schwarzer

Burt

Mid table mediocrity.

And not very good in any of the cup competitions either... Knocked out on penalties, etc.

finnster01

That's a bit harsh Mr Hatter.

You did have a certain Eddie Johnson  :58:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead