Main Menu

QPR Target Zamora & Johnson

Started by White Noise, October 08, 2011, 06:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

QPR targeting unsettled Fulham strikers Johnson and Zamora

By Sami Mokbel

Last updated at 11:34 PM on 7th October 2011

Queens Park Rangers want to take advantage of the growing discontent at bitter-rivals Fulham by plotting moves for their top strikers.

The Loftus Road club are set to launch a cut-price £1million bid to sign Andy Johnson in January, while they are keeping a close eye on the feud between Bobby Zamora and manager Martin Jol.

Targets: Andrew Johnson, right, and Bobby Zamora

Johnson and Zamora - who both scored in Fulham's 6-0 demolition of QPR last Sunday - do not see eye-to-eye with their Dutch manager.

Johnson, 30, is stalling on a new contract at Craven Cottage, rejecting the offer of a new 12 month deal because he wants at least two years.

Talks over a new deal are on-going but it is understood both parties are no closer to an agreement which leaves Fulham with a decision to make in January.

Johnson's current deal expires at the end of the season and Jol may look to sell him in the next transfer window rather than lose him nor nothing next summer if they can't agree an extension.

QPR manager Neil Warnock tried to sign Johnson in the previous transfer window but the former England striker's £40,000-per-week wages proved a key stumbling block.

But after Tony Fernandes and Amit Bhatia's takeover, QPR now have the financial clout to meet Johnson's wage demands and would be willing to offer him the two year deal he craves.

Fall out: Fulham manager Martin Jol

Meanwhile, Warnock has been alerted to the growing tension between Jol and Zamora and will make a move for the England striker if the pair fail to settle their differences.

The duo were involved in a furious training ground row last week putting Zamora's long-term future at the club into doubt.

Jol wants to hold clear-the-air talks with Zamora when the striker returns from international duty next week.

Nevertheless, Zamora is giving serious consideration to leaving Craven Cottage when the transfer window reopens after his relationship with the Dutch manager turned sour.

Zamora's advisors are already looking into the prospect of moving the 30-year-old this winter in case the duo fail to patch up their differences.

And Warnock is ready to pounce for Zamora in January if there is no reconciliation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2046577/QPR-targeting-unsettled-Fulham-strikers-Johnson-Zamora.html#ixzz1aAEtB7Dw

Fernhurst

Good luck with that ha ha's

Biggest crock of cack I've read this year.

Burt

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahands off!

Berserker

Interesring article,who is sami mokbel? If they went to QPR they would have to put up sharing a dressing room with the likes of Barton. If  they are going any where i would have thought West Brom. The interesting thing is that it's Zamora's agent doing the talking and also it seems to me that AJ has started to score more goals recently now that he is in contract negoiations. Sorry if i'm being a bit cynical and negative but i don't want either of them to go antwhere.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Anyone who actually wants to go  (and I don't believe AJ and BZ are that keen to go anywhere, let alone a club destined for relegation) can go as long is there is a decent replacement.

All loyalty in this game dissapeared when football agents arrived; we should recognise that and act accordingly...

LBNo11

...Sam Mokbel, for his sheer persistence in raking up this tired story, you sir are a prize

W
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

RidgeRider

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 08, 2011, 03:17:08 PM
...Sam Mokbel, for his sheer persistence in raking up this tired story, you sir are a prize

W

:clap_hands: Well done LB!