watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do I support my team or my son

Started by Bigmamma, October 08, 2011, 05:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SG

Watch your son every time you can. I still watch mine whenever I can playing both football and cricket and they are in their 30s. Thats what parents do and the pleasure never lessens no matter how many times I attend. If I miss a FFC game so be it.

epsomraver

must be your son, if you miss theses times you will always look back and regret it, I had to work long shift hours and missed some of my sons' special days , nothing I could do about it, but still regret them.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on October 08, 2011, 06:20:06 PM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on October 08, 2011, 06:10:34 PM
For somebody who is so proud of being a mother that you choose that as your messageboard name, I find it bewildering that you even have to ask...
I do love your posts, but dont get your bullying of Big Mumma, she's a lovely girl, why have you chased her from the Offal onto here? It's actually a bit creepy weird stalker stuff. Dont forget everyone on here knows who you really are, i doubt it would take much for you to be removed, a very big  :046: . Now keep to amusing posts and not the harassing of a real nice lady who goes out of her way to help other Fulham fans. Pissed off from Northolt  :014:

I am not sure who you think you are talking to.  I have to my knowledge ever posted about BM or on a BM oriened thread.  I personally watch my son play football rather than attend Fulham games because that is my priority.  I don't see how anyone would need to make apologies for doing similar...

TheDaddy

Son every time darling.My eldest 23 still phones to let me no where and when hes playing.As like Mr Hat put my parents never bothered either so it was with pride that i overheard my son tell a friend that dads more like a mate dad than just a dad..."i think thats a good thing "
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Meerkat

I think watch your son everytime you can never regain the years you miss.  I have started all over again watching Grandsons playing football now.

Logicalman

Quote from: Bigmamma on October 08, 2011, 09:13:36 PM
Why can't football be at 3pm on a Saturday like it's suppose to be  :dft007:

.. and why can't QPR accept they are third/Fourth best in West London?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Bigmamma on October 09, 2011, 08:29:40 AM
Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on October 08, 2011, 11:30:31 PM
Your Son. Wish my mum or dad had come and watched me play football when I was a kid.

Have to admire Fat Freds lone effort to get you down to CC. Give him your season ticket. He's got a good pair of pins and wouldn't look out of place in a frock.

Actually, that's a really good idea.  Hey Fatty, want to use my season ticket on rugby match days?
Cheers BM for the offer, but it looks like i'll be offered overtime most sundays , and i cant afford to turn it down. Apart from that, i cant get too pissed , as up very early Mondays, and i must be getting old as for once i'm worried about driving over the limit in the morning. This reminds me Kaz might not be going to the Everton game and offered me the ticket, very unlikely i'll go so if someone either of us know wants it , you can probably have it ( not promising i might go if no work , but unlikely) and of course it would be a freebie.I'll see if she offers it out amongst her little gang, but if no takers i'll post it back on here.

rhyspabsolom

Can't be bothered to read 4 pages of this but my answer to the thread title is as follows:

Rugby is better than football - go watch the rugby.
Anyone who'd rather have their son grow up as a footballer than rugby player has got something screwed on wrong - get him playing well and make him get us past the quarter finals in a few years.

BalDrick

I too can't be bothered reading 4 pages of replies, but surely your son has got to win. As to a few people I read saying something derogatory about rugby, well personally I think rugby's a better sport by a million miles (and cricket's a million country miles better than them both), but the sport your son's doing is irrelevant isn't it? He's your son, QED you ought to be there. Were it your daughter (if you have one) doing netball or ballet, you'd still be there no?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

richie17

Does your son want you to watch?

I couldn't have my parents anywhere near the games I played.  They came to a couple of cricket matches when I was 15 and I did really well, so I'm glad that happened, but when I was younger I was mortified to have them there and got all nervous.  Probably says more about me than anything else but there we are.

So I would ask him what he wants.

RidgeRider

Son. I have one playing American football this season and I think it would brake his heart if I missed his game. My favorite group ride is always at the same time, as his games, so I miss that ride each week during the season. Small sacrifice because he is more important.

BalDrick

Quote from: RidgeRider on October 10, 2011, 09:02:26 AM
Son. I have one playing American football this season and I think it would brake his heart if I missed his game. My favorite group ride is always at the same time, as his games, so I miss that ride each week during the season. Small sacrifice because he is more important.

To be honest, it'd be a pretty sad man who chose a football club over his own offspring wouldn't it?

rhyspabsolom

Hang on, let's not start criticising parenting methods, nobodyever wins that argument.

I don't think it's a massive thing to miss some games, I didn't need both parents there every week when I played, when you've been playing long enough and you're good enough to get in county sides then it's not about who's on the sideline. I also think it's a different culture in America, especially with American Football, in Hollywood 'missing the ball game' is lazy shorthand for 'bad father' but I think as long as you go to a few of each you're not doing anyone wrong.

It's better to go to the county games anyway and I think they might be on weeknights?

Vinnieffc

Hi BM.. It's your son for me. even if he's playing a silly game like hockey you have to support your own flesh and blood.

Bigmamma

He broke his thumb (of all things) during the matches yesterday, so he'll probably be out for about 3 weeks.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Bigmamma on October 10, 2011, 02:55:57 PM
He broke his thumb (of all things) during the matches yesterday, so he'll probably be out for about 3 weeks.

well I guess its all sorted then  :dft012:

Hope he heals quickly. Broken thumbs hurt like a ........

Tom Magee

Family must and does come first for me. Luckily my children have long since flown the nest and did not take part in such a tin pot sports

BalDrick

'such a tin pot sports...'

where players respect the referee and when points are scored, they're for the team and players don't feel the need for penetrative sex on field after scoring.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Bigmamma on October 10, 2011, 02:55:57 PM

Result  :54:  :015:

Tom Magee

Yes, that tin pot sport

Quote from: BalDrick on October 10, 2011, 04:34:44 PM
'such a tin pot sports...'

where players respect the referee and when points are scored, they're for the team and players don't feel the need for penetrative sex on field after scoring.