News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bit of Dempsey Class V Honduras (merged thread)

Started by PaulUMD, October 09, 2011, 03:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Quote from: White Noise on October 09, 2011, 05:38:15 PM
What is the current appearance record for the national side and does anyone think Clint will beat it given his recent comments about wanting to extend his international career?

Cobi Jones -- a winger who featured for Coventry City when they were in the top flight -- retired with 164. Clint will never catch that.

During the time where there was no domestic professional league, the USSF signed players as full-time internationals. There were as many as 20-25 international matches a year in those days. The same situation occurred with our women's team. I think Mia Hamm got close to 175 internationals.

Clint is #5 in goals scored with 23 now, exactly half of Landon Donovan's haul, so he won't get that honor either.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on October 09, 2011, 05:36:14 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on October 09, 2011, 03:19:43 PM
Anyone have a link to watch the match on replay? Can't find it on ESPN3

It's being replayed on FSC tonight, Jack. [Hope that doesn't sound to clique-y that i called him Jack.]

Thanks Don!

You are ALL welcome to call me Jack, so we don't seem too cliquey.

michaelread

Quote from: HatterDon on October 09, 2011, 05:37:22 PM
Quote from: mhatc on October 09, 2011, 05:01:06 PM
Quote from: michaelread on October 09, 2011, 04:26:47 PM
can anyone give me any insight as to why he is wearing no.10?

Klinsi is passing out numbers based on position.

It's the old "no name on the back of the shirt means we're more concerned about the team." Or in its direct German translation, "the only name that REALLY matters is Klinsmann."

Im not sure if thats a good option, I see the US like Australia in the sense that we need to grow the game in our area, and our game needs heros! 

HatterDon

Quote from: michaelread on October 10, 2011, 05:44:30 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 09, 2011, 05:37:22 PM
Quote from: mhatc on October 09, 2011, 05:01:06 PM
Quote from: michaelread on October 09, 2011, 04:26:47 PM
can anyone give me any insight as to why he is wearing no.10?

Klinsi is passing out numbers based on position.

It's the old "no name on the back of the shirt means we're more concerned about the team." Or in its direct German translation, "the only name that REALLY matters is Klinsmann."

Im not sure if thats a good option, I see the US like Australia in the sense that we need to grow the game in our area, and our game needs heros! 

I agree absolutely. It was especially difficult for young Daniel Williams -- making his international debut wearing the #8 shirt that Dempsey has called his own the last 5 or 6 years. Not a good choice.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

LordNelson

Still making Drogba look shite from 4,000 miles away!
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"