watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Half-Time Penalty Shoot Out

Started by Peabody, October 09, 2011, 06:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I have just noticed in the QPR programme an ad for the Penalty shoot-out. For the Everon game, it costs £650 and for the Spurs game £800. How can the club justify such charges, surely, as they continuously remind us, being so community minded, the cos of this should be minimal. I suppose they are never short of teams to do this but it must be a struggle for these young sides to raise this sort of money. No, I think the club are being very mercanery and money grabbing. Come Fulham, be a bit more generous in this matter.

TonyGilroy

It never occurred to me that they'd charge for that.

Seems wrong to me.

Fletchino

Should we all chip in and do a fof team maybe we can play a tiff team or offal team!!

Burt

Are you sure that it relates to a "Joe Public" shoot-out?

I would be shocked if they charged that for the shootouts they have for schools, or the downs syndrome teams during the QPR match for example.

Fernhurst

Agreed - I would be horrified if the kids were charged these figures.

Can someone clarify please?

Peabody

Page 61 of the programme. It states " We are pleased to offer exciting opportunities to take part in the half-time shootout at the forthcoming First Team fixtures againstEverton and Tottenham. The half-time shootout  at Craven Cottage is a unique way to give your  football team, or your child and their friends, an extra special treat". It goes on to explain the concept and then gives the prices for each game. Does this not prove that our club has become money grabbing and considers us, the fans, as cash cows.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FLETCHINO on October 09, 2011, 06:44:28 PM
Should we all chip in and do a fof team maybe we can play a tiff team or offal team!!
I have of course never missed a pen in my life  :033:

Fletchino

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on October 09, 2011, 07:37:06 PM

Missed or scored?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FLETCHINO on October 09, 2011, 07:40:37 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on October 09, 2011, 07:37:06 PM

Missed or scored?
I did (truefully ) once score a pen in a cup final shoot out at Hanwell Town fc against the most horrible pikey side Lamb FC. They intimated the ref so much they was sitting around the penalty area as the kicks were taken, gave me loads of verbal which just made me more determined to score, but before i took the pen i stopped and pretended to lift an imaginery cup, even kissed it, before scoring, to be honest i shat myself as the keeper went the right way and almost got a hand to it. We went on to win, i never lost a cup final, and i have played a few.

Mitch

Surely a lot of that is tickets? Say it's 16 kids and 4 adults, approx £25 a pop, that £500 right there.

I'm sure Fulham don't charge the badgers team - they are Fulhams own team.

Peabody

Yes, I expect it is tickets but by holding it in the first place and they being part of "the matchday entertainment" (Fulham's own words) then a greatly reduced charge for those matchday tickets is in order. In my opinion, the club are missing a great opportunity to introduce youngsters to Craven Cottage.

FC Silver Fox

Well, the winner does get to take a penalty for Fulham's first team in our next Cup penalty decider.... and, if he misses, he gets fined 500 quid.
Expensive business, this penalty taking lark.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Vinnieffc

Never missed a penalty (playing midfield - although there were quire a few close shaves), played in 1 cup final (won playing left back) where I was the worst player on the pitch due to a hangover, played in 1 semi final (lost 1-2 in extra time playing as sweeper) but it was my best performance in a game.. God I miss my playing days..

HatterDon

I took a grand total of one penalty in my life. I crashed it off the crossbar and was highly embarrassed by the fact since the goalkeeper moved in the opposite direction. I never EVER wanted to take another one, and I never had to. Nobody wants to force the guy with no confidence to take a pen.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Dixie

Only ever reached one final and got trounced by Cheam Park Farm!

I used to go to Cheam Park Farm

Sorry Dixie I messed up your post (I thought I was quoting when I was modifying :dft001: ) WhiteJC
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Fletchino

I remember playing cheam park farm. I went to Dorchester and scored the winner in the cup final for the year above at mill lane!!

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Peabody on October 09, 2011, 07:33:19 PMDoes this not prove that our club has become money grabbing and considers us, the fans, as cash cows.

Hit the nail on the head. Same at every club really. It's a shame but it's true.

Peabody

I am so glad you are all expert penalty takers (I was'nt myself) though what this has got to do with youngsters going on the pitch at half time at Craven Cottage and having to pay an exhorbitant price for the privelidge, I dont know.

alfie

Quote from: Peabody on October 09, 2011, 07:33:19 PM
Page 61 of the programme. It states " We are pleased to offer exciting opportunities to take part in the half-time shootout at the forthcoming First Team fixtures againstEverton and Tottenham. The half-time shootout  at Craven Cottage is a unique way to give your  football team, or your child and their friends, an extra special treat". It goes on to explain the concept and then gives the prices for each game. Does this not prove that our club has become money grabbing and considers us, the fans, as cash cows.

for your information it is not the club that gets this money it is the Fulham Community Trust, which used to be called Fulham Football in the Community Scheme.

So basically no it does not "prove that our club has become money grabbing and considers us, the fans, as cash cows."

They are a seperate regulated organisation that are affiliated to most football clubs.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Peabody

Thank you for clarifying that Alfie, still expensive though.