watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zamora's England Chance

Started by White Noise, October 10, 2011, 07:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

He will definitely miss the visit of World Cup holders Spain to Wembley next month, with Capello confirming: "Rooney will not play against Spain - absolutely. I want to test new players, a different style and a new different movement, something different.

"Sometimes he will come on at half-time but not from the start. He will not start. We need to prepare the first 11 who will start the Euros."

And on the possibility of Rooney actually being sidelined for games once the tournament began, he said: "If they [the other players] are good, they will play. In my life as a manager I have put a lot of players on the bench. I always decided who was the best player for me at that moment, at every moment."

Fulham's Bobby Zamora, an unused substitute in Podgorica, is likely to get his chance to stake his claim before Euro 2012 after Darren Bent was preferred on Friday.

Dixie

I've got to say that I wasn't especially impressed with Bent on Friday, I think that Zamora would have been a lot more involved in linking up with Young and Walcott and helping us keep possession...

BUT
I'm just not sure that he would have been on the end of that ball from Young to score

What do you think?

I think that is why Bent was preferred - he gets those sort of goals and with Rooney a guaranteed starter, a poacher/finisher is what England need (much like Zammo and Andy Johnson at Fulham).
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

HatterDon

I also thought Bobby would have done better than Bent on Friday, but I'm more confused about Cappello's other decisions, truth be told. Young was an absolute terror out there and he was the first man substituted. I think that it was Young and Bent being subbed off that put Rooney into the red mist in the first place. Of the players you have now, I think that the spearpoint of a 4-2-3-1 would look best with:

----------------------- Zamora -----------------------
---- Young ----------- Rooney ----------- Adam Johnson

This would be England's best attacking option for Euro 2012. The question then will be, who'll be the "two" and there you choose among several players, none of whom have shown that they own a slot.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cebu

Bent is a competent finisher, but doesn't offer what BZ does as regards hold-up play. I'm actually wondering if they could harmonize together if England goes with a 4-4-2 formation in any of the coming internationals.

LRCN

Quote from: HatterDon on October 10, 2011, 02:53:06 PM
I also thought Bobby would have done better than Bent on Friday, but I'm more confused about Cappello's other decisions, truth be told. Young was an absolute terror out there and he was the first man substituted. I think that it was Young and Bent being subbed off that put Rooney into the red mist in the first place. Of the players you have now, I think that the spearpoint of a 4-2-3-1 would look best with:

----------------------- Zamora -----------------------
---- Young ----------- Rooney ----------- Adam Johnson

This would be England's best attacking option for Euro 2012. The question then will be, who'll be the "two" and there you choose among several players, none of whom have shown that they own a slot.

young was injured unfortunately