News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Desk Diary 2012 - from Ashwater Press...

Started by LBNo11, October 12, 2011, 12:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...I have received this e-mail that Ashwater Press has sent to all it's supporters, Martin has asked if I would publicise it on Friends Of Fulham, especially as we do get a mention in the diary..!

First of all we would like to thank you all for the calls, e-mails and letters we've received from you with regard to Fulham FC's decision to 'de-select' us as a supplier of books and heritage material. We also would like to thank you for all the correspondence that you've sent to Fulham as a protest; we are flattered and it is sincerely appreciated. From what we understand, no-one to date has been given a satisfactory reply as to why Ashwater books cannot be stocked alongside those of another 'licensee'.

Anyway, many of you have asked us whether we could produce something for this Christmas. Well, Fulham's decision came far too late to finalise any significant book offering, but instead we have provided something hopefully just as good – an  ideal stocking filler for Mum, Dad, granddad, uncle, son, brother, friend and any other relative – and a great present for yourself!

The

ASHWATER 2012 DESK DIARY

With Fulham pictures by Ken Coton and from the Ashwater archive.

It is naturally a proper functional diary, but not your 'usual' diary of course .................

It is a 128-page diary, approximately 9 inches by 6½ (235mm x 165mm).
It will be a quality hardback production.
It has over 70 colour and black and white Fulham FC pictures.
Across five decades of Ken Coton's archive.
Many of the pictures previously unseen or not seen for 30–40 years.
It contains detailed captions and Fulham trivia.
It contains a weekly 'anecdote' relating to Fulham's colourful history over the last fifty years.
A foreword from Steve Pound – MP.

We sincerely hope that you will support us in this project as it could be the basis for next year's books.

The price will be £9.95, but that's not much more than a decent ordinary diary, and remember it's not just a diary – it's a Fulham book as well! You will be able to collect from outside the ground before the start of the four December Fulham home matches (assuming we haven't sold out by then).

We can also post you copies. Postage will be £2.25 per copy. And you can pre-order now by sending your details with a cheque for £12.20 payable to ASHWATER PRESS to Ashwater Press, 68 Tranmere Road, Twickenham, Middlesex TW2 7JB. Thanks!  Maybe you could buy two, one for keeps and one for daily use! We'll post two copies for £22. The books are now at the printers and we expect the diaries to be available in about four weeks.

Please Note: We are printing a limited number, so please contact us early to ensure you get your Christmas presents sorted.

We would really appreciate it if you would forward this e-mail onto all the other Fulham supporters you know and you think might be interested.

Any queries or mailed orders, either reply to this e-mail or e-mail [email protected]. Also you can phone the Ashwater order line and leave an order over the phone (01344 – 624231)

Best wishes – and thanks for your support

Ken Coton      and      Martin Plumb.

www.ashwaterpress.co.uk
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Chopper

Ah good timing. I asked this in a separate thread last night but suspected that wasn't a great time to post so I'll reproduce it here.

Has anything had happened regarding Ashwater Press initiating a subscriber programme to help get new books off the ground? We had a poll a while back on here suggesting people would support it but possibly not in the numbers Ken & Martin need to make it a going concern.

There was also talk of trying to help create a bigger database of addresses for them to aid direct selling now that the club have decided not to work with them.

Either way I'd be happy to get involved in any way I can. I guess if no-one here knows anything I'll write to Ken & Martin and see what they think but just thought I'd ask the question here first.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

LBNo11

...Chopper, I did see your post and did pass on the content to Martin via e-mail, he will either respond directly or through me regarding what they have decided, so watch this space...

mind you, this space is a better view...

Chopper

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 12, 2011, 02:11:10 PM
...Chopper, I did see your post and did pass on the content to Martin via e-mail, he will either respond directly or through me regarding what they have decided, so watch this space...

Ace. Thanks LB.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

LBNo11

...is that Ernie Clay on the Putney terrace with the dark glasses on by Tony Macedo's head.. :031:

Burt

Dilemma...

I haven't used a desk diary for a long time, everything (my entire life) is condensed in to my BlackBerry.

But as it is Fulham, and Ashwater Press, do I get it anyway?

Stupid question really. Ignore this.

LBNo11

Quote from: Burt on October 13, 2011, 03:05:59 PM
Dilemma...

I haven't used a desk diary for a long time, everything (my entire life) is condensed in to my BlackBerry.

But as it is Fulham, and Ashwater Press, do I get it anyway?

Stupid question really. Ignore this.

...a desk diary doesn't suffer a system crash  :wink: Apart from that some more classic Ken Coton photographs are part of the package to keep in your library...

Logicalman

From ken, the diary will be available for USA @19.95 GBP (includes P&P)

Check the site for possible PayPal link.

LBNo11

This is an Ashwater update to thank all customers who have already ordered diaries from us – your support is very appreciated. The diaries have just arrived in, and look good. We will be commencing despatching tomorrow. Any UK customer who has ordered already should receive their diaries certainly within the next two weeks. If you don't – then please let us know.

We would like to stress again that we have printed a limited number this year and that 60% of them have already been sold in the last four weeks. For those (not collecting) we would request that you order soon to avoid a Christmas disappointment.

We hope we have provided an ideal stocking filler for Mum, Dad, granddad, uncle, son, brother, friend and any other relative – and a great present for yourself!

The
ASHWATER 2012 DESK DIARY

To confirm the contents:

It is a 128-page diary, approximately 9 inches by 6½ (235mm x 165mm).
It will be a quality hardback production.
It has over 70 colour and black and white Fulham FC pictures.
Across five decades of Ken Coton's archive.
Many of the pictures previously unseen or not seen for 30–40 years.
It contains detailed captions and Fulham trivia.
It contains a weekly 'anecdote' relating to Fulham's colourful history over the last fifty years.
A foreword from Steve Pound – MP.

The price will be £9.95

You will be able to collect from outside the ground before the start of the four December Fulham home matches (and possibly one in early January) saving postage costs and risk. Please be as early as possible!

Mon 5th             LIVERPOOL
Wed 14th           ODENSE
Sat 17th             BOLTON
Wed 21st           MANCHESTER UNITED
Mon 2nd             ARSENAL (tbc)

We can also post you copies. Postage will be £2.25 per copy. Please send your details with a cheque for £12.20 payable to ASHWATER PRESS to Ashwater Press, 68 Tranmere Road, Twickenham, Middlesex TW2 7JB. Thanks!  Maybe you could buy two, one for keeps and one for daily use! We'll post two copies for £22.

An Ashwater 'open day' for those desiring to collect diaries from Whitton is next WEDNESDAY (23rd)

You can also pay by Paypal using 'send money' or the button and menu option on the Ashwater website. Please visit: www.ashwaterpress.co.uk

We would really appreciate it if you would forward this e-mail onto all the other Fulham supporters you know and you think might be interested and likewise post it onto any Fulham related website forum if you have the inclination – everything helps!

Any queries or mailed orders, either reply to this e-mail or e-mail [email protected]. Also you can phone the Ashwater order line and leave an order over the phone (01344 – 624231)

Best wishes – and thanks again for your support

Burt

White Noise

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/11/29/the-first-ashwater-desk-diary/

The first Ashwater Desk Diary

November 29, 2011

rich

Got mine today, prodded into action by the realisation that they were selling like hot cakes.

I didn't really know what to expect. A diary? Do I need a diary? Well now I know that I do. The books are terrific, Ken's photos and Martin's notation do just the job, and the whole thing's practically perfect.  Lovely.

You can order yours here. Do so before they sell out!

Some snippets below (apologies about the carpet; our hoover's on the blink).

SG

Ordered 2 just the other day and they arrived this morning. Excellent photos as we'd expect and well worth every penny - get yours now before they run out !

Delboy

I popped down to Ashwater Towers in Whitton last week and met the charming Ken Coton whilst purchasing a couple of diaries. Great pictures and a perfect stocking filler for Christmas. Depending of course, what sort of stockings you wish filled.

epsomraver

Got two for £22 posted, well worth the value for Ken's photos alone.

White Noise

Quality looks superb. Will be sorting out a couple in the next few days.

I like the fact it is the 'Ashwater' Desk Diary. Good to see the name thus elevated and also to see them embarking on Twitter to spread the word.

The cover pic is a classic. I don't suppose Mr Haynes had a kill face, or a war head as Dickson Etuhu prefers, but boy does he look like he means business. Did The Maestro ever play a game where he didn't look so thoroughly committed?

MOR :

Thanks for the reminder, it went completely out of my mind...just ordered two for the great price of £22, and that includes post & packing...So that's one for my Uncle and one for my good self.

Only another 30 presents to get...

MJG

Got one the day..bloody excellent even though i don't need a diary.

LBNo11

...fortunate enough to see Ken today and pick up my copy; I thought I had seen most Fulham photos over the years but apart from the front cover and one more inside they are all new to me.

This publication is an absolute 'must' Christmas present for any Fulham fan, they are selling like the proverbial hot cakes (Ken's office is full of books and jiffy bags ready to post)!

Oh, and a personal thanks to Ken and Martin who have included on the back pages an endorsement of this site with the FoF header without even being asked to. Very much appreciated Gents, and happy selling...

PS: To my youngest son, sorry that I have had a sneak preview of your Chistmas present to me... :dft001: